Discussion about cs_assault's prop flying.

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Hongo, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

We don't have to "make" staff do anything, if a player breaks the rule and gets warned for it, anything after is their fault. "Half" of the server doesn't go up there, if they did it wouldn't be counted as an exploit spot

2. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

I mean yeah it should be removed or blocked off in some way to not reach there

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

A staff member shouldn't have to be dealing with this all map.
    What does this fall under though first? We have gag and mute for spam, we have kick for harassment, what do we have for when a player keeps going to a spot they're not supposed to? Something official that is. Also this shouldn't happen multiple times. If you get tp'd for going there the next time you go up there you should face a punishment. Also if you see someone get tp'd for going there and you decide to go there yourself you should also receive a harsher punishment. Say if it's warn/kick/ban, the secondary player gets a straight kick.

Also I feel like a note on propsurfing for specific maps should be added into the extended rules, for what maps have areas that prop surfing is allowed.

As i'm on a roll at the moment why is prop surfing to the balcony on datmap not allowed but the floor on metropolis allowed? If you're on that floor as a traitor (since most ppl go down pre-round anyway) the round takes forever since no one actually has to look down at you. There is a way to get back up with like a 20% success rate. It's not an area you're meant to go to, you get down there through propsurfing or a glitch that prevents you from taking fall damage. Also as a traitor there is no way to take shots at the innos on the floor discretely. On the actual map surface I can snipe someone from behind a box or throw a window, when you're on the floor I have to expose myself to have a shot at you, not to mention if you walk behind a building I have to go halfway across the map to get an angle at you. This is the part that is overlooked for the whole propsurf-to-the-floor issue. I've kind of hijacked the original post a little so forgive me. I tend to ramble on these things. I'll stop typing now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If someone has the fully working .vmf file of the map it's very easy to add a Player Clip brush to the locations you're mentioning. But I don't like that idea. I'd rather mske those areas accedible without props and you just have to texture them.

-1 for trying to "remove it"

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

Prop Surfing, including to inaccessible areas, is one of my favorite things in TTT, and if you got a problem with that, you can uninstall your life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  6. Honestly, this is no big problem at all. Yes, it is "technically" illegit by the rules, but prop surfing adds a lot of spice to what otherwise can be rather stagnant rounds. Plus, particularly in this case of assault, it isn't a real problem at all. The area is highly visible, and has almost no cover, so it is not hard to combat at all. Removing this, or the floor on metro, would just ruin a lot of the flavor of these maps.

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating that we should notice that this is not only not a problem, it also isn't widely viewed as such. One thread here or there does not constitute any reason to believe there is substantial desire for this kind of action, especially since the majority of players are more concerned with playing the game then complaining about anything on the forums.

Seriously @Hongo, stop being a killjoy :) Just play the game and enjoy its idiosyncrasies. And if there are staff who think they are overburdened by this, let's wait for them to say so; I am sure they don't need anyone else complaining on their behalf.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Whether a normally unreachable area should / could be patched isn't a popularity contest :confused:

These areas aren't part of the intended play area, people have just found a way to get there. Far as I can tell, the only reason you want them to not be patched is because you have fun getting somewhere that most people can not or will not.
    And I can't, so I am very salty and fully support this suggestion :(

no fun allowed :rage:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I have a few open slots for prop surfing tutorship, mediium level. I'm sure I can squeeze you in somewhere.

9. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

who cares

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Yeah.. It's not necessary to remove it. There are more problems that are a bit more important. You can still kill them quite easily, too. Not like it really effects the game. As Snowflake says, I feel as if you are trying to suggest it's removal, because you have troubles getting up there, as the same with getting on the floor of Metropolis.

I get it, when it's an actual spot that they can camp all map and/ or gives them an advantage for example on that pool map when people use the shotgun and the chair to get up on the balcony above the ladder to the basement and sit in the corner. I really doubt this is the devs main focus, because again, you can still kill them easily, and it doesn't really give them that much of an advantage.

If anything, it probably makes the game harder for the "exploiter" since they are basically in the open now, and can be shot from almost anywhere in the map.

-1 no

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

lol dude chill out and play TTT

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

i made a post ages ago about a modified cs_assault that got some tractiong but never made it (though that was the time when suggestions were rare to get any input on from staff. Let me try to find the link and maybe someone can respond and get it back in the eyes of higher ups!)

EDIT: Found it, someone reply pls: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/ttt-assault-v1.28707/#post-257188

• Like Like x 1
  13. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Pretty sure it'd be fine for you to bump it since it was never rejected nor is it irrelevant. If anything, in extension of this post, it is entirely relevant.

I did notice that the mediafire link is pretty old (seems functional?) - is that version the most recent rendition though?

14. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Yes it is, still have the VMF (Thank god I'm a hoarder of digitial files)
    [​IMG]

15. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Lmao albeit this is a “useless thread” some of you keyboard warriors are going overboard with your reactions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

Idk, I've never managed to propsurf up there with the sign, but I feel like propsurfing has become a normal and possibly quite fun (although against the rules) thing in TTT, so -1

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  17. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

Nvm, this ain't a suggestion. But the point stands

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  18. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

not my fault your bad

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

When tf did I ever, ever mention you?