Answered Detective calling a false kos

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Cheebus, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheebus

Cheebus VIP

Okay, so I would like to talk about a scenario that happened today (I was told to post a Q & A about it).

I will tell the whole story just for the context:
    There are three rounds in question. The first round I was an innocent and I witnessed a traitor 1. plant a c4 and 2. walk over an unidentified body, so I killed him. He was quite upset that I killed him and cried rdm. The next round he was then a detective and I was innocent. As soon as the round starts he calls a kos on me in chat, while I did nothing traitorous (you know since the round just started and I was inno). I then go on to try to defend myself in chat as to how I wasn't a traitor. He then comes running at me, so I kill him, because he kosed me. The third round he then went on to revenge rdm me, for which he was slain for.
    After he was slain, I was then slain. Asking the mod why I was slain he then went on to explain saying that because it was a detective and he hadn't actually fired a shot that it was rdm on my part (he had to ask an admin what to do in this situation).

So, after all that, my question is:
    How come if an innocent, or traitor, would false kos me, I have all right to kill them, knowing that I am innocent. But because this was a detective, and he hadn't fired a shot yet, it is then rdm? I killed him to defend myself, knowing he was going to kill me (revenge rdm, that he ended up doing the next round anyway). It is the same case as if it were innocent or traitor. Or was I not at wrong? What's the verdict?

@MrEvanJ

(I hope I did everything right, as this is my first post :eek:)

2. TheCoCoFTW

TheCoCoFTW Veteran Member

The Detective is the only true innocent, as to which Traitorous acts don't apply to him. You would of had to wait for him to start shooting and doing damage to you in order to kill him. As the only ways to be able to legally kill a Detective is when he either plants C4 and you need to disarm it or in self defense. I hope this cleared some things up!

3. Cheebus

Cheebus VIP

Why should I have to wait for him to kill me before I have a right to kill him? Him calling the false kos in the first place was an attempt to kill me. Yes, no damage was done, but technically he is trying to kill me by calling a kos.

4. Rek

Rek Ø

You were slain because of what Coco said. The detective has to injure you first.

The other guy was slain for the false kos on you.

5. Cheebus

Cheebus VIP

okay, I guess it's one of those bs rules that you have to just deal with?
    Thanks I guess...for all your help and explanations....

6. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

It's not a "BS" rule at all. It's a common sense rule, traitorous acts are something that applies to all players except detectives because detectives. Detectives are essentially the only true "proven" player, like CoCo said.

When you kill a player for doing something traitorous, it's because there is a possibility - no matter how slight, that they are a traitor. You can't do that with detectives, consequently the only reason to kill a detective is in self defense, be it by killing them to get the wire for a C4 or killing them after they attack you.

While a KoS is a threat to your life, it isn't an active threat, it's a passive one. You kill players that try to kill you over the KoS, sure - but you can't hunt down and kill the detective for the KoS - you know they're innocent and can't be a traitor, so killing/attacking them is purely either malicious or self defense.. Let the staff do their job and punish the detective when the time comes.

7. Finn

Finn Human VIP

In this case the rules are in place to hold the integrity of the game, and the players playing it. You are thinking personally about your own safety, while the rule is in set to assure the best chance of a fair and even game.

Detectives are the only proven people, and the best tools to winning as an innocent, so they have to be a direct and immediate threat to you before killing them is acceptable.

In this case the player could easily have called off the kos or done nothing but run up to you and pull a gun, just to scare you. We don't know, and every situation is different, so the rule is in place for the majority of situations, which are usually accidents.

Sometimes detectives make mistakes and kos with a bind and then try to call it off, but if we didn't have this rule, an innocent, or even a falsely kos'd traitor, could kill the detective just for that. We wouldn't want that, as now the likelyhood of the innocents winning is greatly dimished, so the rule is in place to prevent loopholing and game ruining scenarios.

IMO that in this case, an admin with the full story might have used discretion to let it slide, but a moderator cannot. I hope this wall of text answers your question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.