Important Definition of a KOS

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Sinz, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Innocents who call a false KOS will be held accountable. Traitors can call false koses whenever.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Fransiee [Flatsh]

Fransiee [Flatsh] Active Member

But I figure that when an innocent calls a kos on someone on valid grounds, they will not be punnished? Like when they see someone entering a T room, rdm'ing, passing an unidentified body or something similair?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Correct.

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. sportakus1

sportakus1 Active Member

For your edit sentence.

I got lately misconception about that I said traitor on someone.

But didnt knew it was KOS-trigger for saying that.

Thats how it was really going so bad.

5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

It's a misconception because before this clarification human word was considered 100% certain in such phrases. To further validate reasoning in killing people, as SGmod/TTT has always done in my time here it requires 100% certainty within evidence to allow a player to kill someone. Seeing as humans aren't necessarily the most trustworthy of people and can LIE when they say someone has a harpoon or such unless you see it for yourself then you cannot kill whoever was called out by someone else because you do not know yourself whether they actually have a harpoon or not. It's not a KOS because for that same reason, you don't know if they have the harpoon and only the person who called them out does. So unless they strictly KOS them, you cannot kill them because you are not aware if they have one or not. It's like a reinforcement on the 100% certainty rule to kill someone I think. A finalized expansion if you will.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. sportakus1

sportakus1 Active Member

Yeah. I lately shout on mic that KOS on someone IF the person called that "this person is traitor!" thing. But I do not kill until det says that sentence OR when the person who called KOS says "no" spammingly (3x times no) or "nobody is traitor!"

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

If I say "nobody is a traitor!" That just means I lost sight of them while spamming my KOS, please feel free to kill them unless I spam "no", or "no KOS"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

So if I hear anyone say, "Kill me" it's a valid KOS on themselves? Even though the last bullet that clarifies RDM states that "If you allow someone to kill you, it's still considered RDM."

I figured for self implication to be valid, it should be something along the lines of:
    1. I am a traitor
    2. I (insert traitorous sct)
    3. KOS (Insert Your Name)
    All of these would be considered traitor is baiting for the following reasons with correlating numbers:
    1. Player could potentially be attempting communication with a T buddy through the chat to show joy of being a traitor or notifying them in case their game bugged. Also, being a traitor is the number one traitorous act.
    2. Plain and simple: admitting to committing one of the traitorous acts.
    3. A player is trying to troll and start an RDM train or cause confusion among innocents.
    Saying "Kill Me" would cause confusion, considering there may be a person with that trollish name. However, they couldn't be talking in traitor chat, they didn't admit to a traitorous act, and it's simply allowing a player to kill you. It may show some similar properties to the final point, however the main difference is saying the specific name of the player; one of the requirements for a KOS to be held valid.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

I think you have two things confused together: When you KOS yourself, and you are found inno, this is a case of RDM on yourself, which can cause you to be slain, as this could lead to other game-modifying situations, like RDM chains.