Decrease severity of RDM punishments.

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Hongo, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hongo

Hongo VIP

The stacking of slays for "RDM" (a very broad term on this server) even across maps is ridiculous.
    After your second slay, there is literally no point to play anymore or else you're going to be banned when accidental kills are going to happen. It's not a question of if, but when. Even moderators kill the wrong people sometimes and get slain. Even if you know the rules, it's part of the game. Accidental kills happen everywhere, all the time, and to be banned for the slays stacking up across maps, even after 15-20 minutes is ridiculous. That isn't fair.

To add to that, 'staff discretion' makes it even worse, because sometimes you won't be banned, sometimes you will be banned and when you make an appeal it wont matter and you'll remain banned.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

what about the ban boners though

3. Hongo

Hongo VIP

I'm not saying don't ban people who just come on and RDM blatantly, but to ban people for "mass rdm" after killing 3 innocents across a 20 minute time frame across maps is completely inaccurate and absurd

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

I'd like to state something here. I completely disagree with this and for one main reason. If "WE" don't stack slays, people will just continue to rdm. There's no point to reset the slays you get, even if you get a slay one map then another in the next map. If you dislike that idea of punishment, simply don't rdm. And if you get up to 2 slays, just serve out the slays then leave and join a different server. But hey, that's just my opinion.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  5. Hongo

Hongo VIP

"It's not a question of if you RDM, it's a question of when".

Listen, I know you don't like to read, but simply ignoring everything I said and stating your opinion doesn't help anything. Misclicks WILL happen, you will kill the wrong person eventually, a grenade will injure a T buddy who decides to run into a room after you throw it.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  6. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

ummmmmmm, warm for the grenade and you'll be fine and Accidental rdm is STILL rdm. And another thing, if we reduce punishment for people who "misclick," that excuse will be abused. (Not and example ---->)Imagine that, someone mass rdms like +6 people and says they were all misclicks. Now THAT would make my day XD.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Smusha

Smusha Meme Marine & Staffin' Machine VIP

At first I though I was reading this and was confused as to why there's only one page.
    You could have turned this thread into a reply to the original post instead of making a copy of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

If you follow the rules and do your warnings when necessary, you'll never hit that third RDM in a reasonable time to be banned for mass rdm. I will be slain an average of once per week unless I'm memeing, if I can do it you can.

9. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Did you get banned for mass rdm?

Punishments are fine. -1

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

Now y'see, not RDMing people really isn't hard to do, despite what your claim is. Why would misclicks be unavoidable?

-1 brother, punishment stacking is fine. don't be an aggressive player and take some caution on your actions, and you will be surprised at how much RDM you won't commit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. jshore

jshore VIP

Just stop being shit at the game lol

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

This.

Thanks for suggesting.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.