Rejected Deathmatch?

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Adminツ, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

I am not sure if this was suggested and got denied but why doesn't this server have deathmatch. It's a great way to pass time while your waiting for the last two people literally chasing each other in a circle and the traitor not having a radar. It is also a great way to improve your gmod aiming skill and you get to test out different weapon and experiment. I seen a lot of other servers do this and I was just suggesting or wondering why we don't have this.

2. nikki

nikki Dutch female gamer: cocky, rude/toxic. VIP Bronze

if it doesn't cause lagg then why not, but from what i've seen it can cause minor lagg, and on a different server i played on it heavily interferred with the deathscene, making it very hard to see what was happening

3. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

what if you make the people in the deathmatch like invisible to the spectators ?

4. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Hey.
    This has been suggested countless times (more than anything else maybe). We are denying it for two reasons:
    1. SpecDM is quite taxing on the server performance. In smaller servers it usually doesn't make a difference, but in our server, which is loaded with a lot of custom features and systems, any addition needs to be carefully considered. With the current status of things, this will bring too much stress to the server, to a point where it can hinder the Gameplay of everyone.
    2. SpecDM shares the same code with Death scene, the feature we use to replay gameplay events. They both exist in the same "realm", in some way. This means that it directly interferes with Death scene and can make it difficult, if not impossible, to use. This will greatly hinder our ability to staff the servers correctly and needs to be avoided.

Anyway, thank you for suggesting. Also, please make threads like this in the appropriate forum (we have a suggestion forum for these kind of threads)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.