Damage Logs

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by T.w² | Rusty, Jul 6, 2017.

?

Should We Make Logs Accesible?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. T.w² | Rusty

T.w² | Rusty Member

The worst thing is when you have an absolute dickhead player and you go to report him on the forums, youre all ready and BAM you forgot when and how he RDMed you. This wouldnt be an issue if damage logs were accesible to anyone. Simply make it so that you can acess the damage logs when youre dead without having to be a mod or admin or anything. We all should have the right to defend ourselves with cold hard facts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

This is already a thing, this quote is from the sticky on the report section explaining how to obtain proof against rule breakers, is this what you are suggesting?

3. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

I think he's talking about the actual logs, not the ones u print off of console. They basically provide more information on who killed who with what and things like that. But just printing off the logs u can easily tell where rdm has happened.

4. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

I saw this suggested before, the reason it got shot down was because it would promote backseat moderating / people constantly argue with staff about reports given no experience with it. As far as I remember.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

If everyone had the logs than staff can't lie anymore. -1 (in all honestly, I don't care either way haha)

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. T.w² | Rusty

T.w² | Rusty Member

Some people dont know the console command, and sometimes there are constant errors in the console that prevent you from reading anything in there, Also, the actual logs give better information.

7. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Dont report single RDM's.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

1. You dont need to report single RDMs. In fact, it's discouraged

2. Opening logs to everyone will lead to people having easier ways to loophole

3. No reason for you to know what bodies were IDed or any other miscellaneous information. That is a mods job to sift through

9. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Figuring out the console command isn't that hard. it's ` ~

10. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

If a player can't figure out the ttt_print_damagelog command then they probably also can't figure out what RDM is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

and then ppl will report for a single rdm offence (1 dmg with prop)

12. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

The RDM Manager + logging system mods have access to can add strain to the server. It's gotten bad with 8 mods on one server (granted, an edge case). Imagine giving that log access to every single player on the server.

ttt_print_damagelogs is enough for basic evidence and to check to make sure you were, in fact, RDM'd.

If you're reporting RDM (and not just a single RDM), the best thing a mod could ask for is accurate timestamps with the timezone.

X RDM'd Y around 10:32AM, Pacific Time
    X RDM'd Z around 10:38AM, Pacific Time
    X RDM'd Y & Z at the same time around 10:50AM, Pacific Time

I'd say having accurate timestamps is even better than having screenshots of damage logs in some cases.