Dagon Lee suffered INJUSTICE!

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by xasda, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xasda

xasda New Member

In game nickname : Dagon Lee
    Steam ID : STEAM_0:0:50745823
    Server : West
    Why should i be unbanned and my say on this:

Firstly i was banned for ghosting?!?! what? Ghost? I've been playing on this server for awhile and i'm a VIP and i'll never risk myself getting involve in a ban not even near a slay. I play properly and regular players might know me. What i'm saying is that it might be a misunderstanding and i'm totally fine with that but 28 days it's too much. If the evidence contradicts my say then i am willing to take the ban. Like i said it might be a misunderstanding. Yes i do use the !p chat but definitely for greetings or laughing purposes. Following, the latest !p i used was to brendanmcloud? I was frustrated when people don't see kos on chat nor hear it. So i called multiple kos thru mic loud like liteally 10 times before i died, i !p mcloud saying There's a kos on vor. Firstly, Theythinki'maninja called out kos thru radio so it was on chat and he !p me saying read chat. And i know even if he didn't tell me, so after that i went downto hunt vor and i said kos vor kos vor kos vor. So then, only mcloud looks less retarded because he's vip so i'm like hey, there's a kos on vor are you blind. And then he was like, HEYYY DONT GHOST. i'm like what? Then he literally told me he off-ed his volume and proceeded to report me for fucking ghosting. here's the actual conversation, literally ok.

Me: There's a kos on vor btw.
    Mcloud: Hey, that's ghosting
    Me: are you blind?
    Mcdloud: You mean deaf? i had my volume off
    Me: look at chat ffs

Then whitehorse dude or mod dealt with the reports and wtihout asking my verdict poof ban. So what i did was a mere reminder to read chat. And asking ppl to read chat isn't ghosting. I asked an admin about this before. And he was called out, so it's something everyone is aware. If it'smy fault, it falls underghosting, I DIDN'T MEAN TO GHOST. And btw vor said thru mic haha drown u lil bitch that's what u get for calling me out. (Totally funny)

So I DIDN'T MEAN TO GHOST. AND NEITHER HAD I GHOST BEFORE. So maybe it's my fault perhaps it's a lil ghosting? But my intentions of ghosting weren't there. Promise, i'm a vip and i play serious TTT. Many might know me.

Using third party chat to inform player of in-game events they are not yet aware of.

"Not yet aware" well..? Isn't it well awared? and ALL majority INNOCENTS KNOW THERE'S A KOS OR VOR EXCEPT HIM.

Short point: He was called out repeatedly, majority knew, so i thought it was okay to remind him, it was not ghost. So a lil misunderstanding. Have a say in this guys

2. Shades

Shades VIP

Technically it was ghosting, You should never tell a player that someone is a traitor if they don't realize it. Saying things such as "Scroll up in chat." Is technically still ghosting.

I believe your ban could possibly be shortened, but please, refrian from saying anything in !p that could give out someones player status in game. If you can't then don't use !p at all.

3. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

You were banned by Horseman, he will reply at his nearest convienence.
    If what you say is true, then you shouldn't have been banned for ghosting. Informing someone that there is a kos is the same as giving a kos
    Edit: just saw it was sent through private chat. The dead shouldn't comnunicate with the living. While it is technically ghosting, 28 days is a bit much for this case

4. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Anything you do as a spectating player that alters the course of events for the living players is ghosting(excluding prop related activities).

You altered the course of events by telling a living player that there was a KoS on someone, a KoS they otherwise wouldn't have noticed, therefore you ghosted.

We'll see whether White Horse wants to let you off with a warning or not.

5. xasda

xasda New Member

ok thank you mods so much for letting me know. however there was NO intention of ghosting at all. I respect the rules. Hopefully horseman could let me off with a warning or at least a shortened ban :( It was unintentional and i've been on the server for awhile now.

6. Yeah, I wasn't really trying to get Dagon Lee banned or anything. I just asked Horseman about that situation. I know he wasn't trying to cause any trouble or anything. I just wanted to know if that was really Ghosting and it turned out it was and he had to be banned.

EDIT: here's the chat logs just in case anyone was wondering. (had to link otherwise it'd be too small to read or too large it would clip off screen)

So yeah, I hadn't noticed the KOS, I had just woken up and wasn't really paying attention to chat, and my headphones were off. So when I was just hanging out he said there was a KOS on a player. That basically is like saying "you need to kill this guy." So yes, the information that was sent through private messaging altered my view on the game. I didn't really care because I died seconds later, but I wanted to double check with an admin and Horse was the only one on.

Though I don't really like the condescendence Dagon

7. xasda

xasda New Member

It was the closest to my memory could offer about the particulars i had stated. Also, i was pretty pissed. I mean it isn't ghosting right? as in it was announced. Anyway thanks for your screenshot supporting my facts and to prove i wasn't lying. NO GHOSTING INTENDED. And also maybe the !motd wasn't very clear or perhaps i misunderstood. Thanks all for your support. Also i've received several p msgs about reading chat and i swear an admin told me it wasn't ghosting as far as he could judge from the motd by reading chat

8. Zikeji

First clarification under ghosting:
    "Using third party chat to inform player of in-game events they are not yet aware of."
    Which goes to clarify third party chat include's in-game PMs:
    "This includes using in-game private chat, admin chat, steam chat, Skype, TeamSpeak, etc."

You have no way of knowing if Braeden is aware the person was called out or not. He wasn't aware, so you by definition you ghosted by informing him of an event he wasn't aware of yet.

9. Dagon............ If it wasn't ghosting........... You wouldn't have been banned.........

Also I don't care if you're pissed. I wasn't trying to get you banned. Ask Horse I told him not to ban you. I don't like you being rude, including calling me retarded. If you're mad, take it out on someone else. I'm not trying to prove you wrong. I just posted what I had sent Horse. I wasn't mad but if you want to be angry and start harassing me I can be.

10. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

i was the admin that told Horseman to ban you, yes being as he was called out but the player you messaged (BraedenMcCloud) was unaware of the KOS, therefore, you gave him information that he would not have otherwise realized was there using a "third party" program. This is Ghosting and is liable to have you banned, we cannot alter the ban as of right now being as there is a problem that i will not speak more of. i will let Horseman decide if he wants to reduce your ban and give you a warning or not.

-Marshall

11. xasda

xasda New Member

i was thanking you for posting the screen shot for proving me that i wasn't lying... LOL. am not trying to provoke you anything. i just wanna get out of this situation. I broke the rule without realizing it. Your screenshot proves my innocence. Why are you mad? I SHOULD BE MAD. not you. jesus.

12. Zikeji

The screenshot proves your guilt, not innocence.

The decision here lies entirely up to HorseMan whether or not the ban stays, and with your current attitude, I wouldn't be surprised it it did.

13. xasda

xasda New Member

Well pardon me. But you can't expect me to be happy or cool right? Well if i did provoke anyone i'm sorry. That's not my intention. Point is, i did ghost. But wasn't intentional. And neither was it on purpose. Why would i ghost if i knew the penalty. That's all i want to say. Now i learnt my lesson, and knowing that is considered ghosting i won't do it again.

14. Alright. Time for me to answer I guess as I have only been able to see this now.
    Here's the deal, as everyone have stated, you ghosted.
    I'm 100% sure it was not intentional, as you did not blatantly state "Vorzeichen is the traitor".
    You figured he has simply forgot there was a kos on him.
    Your stats on the server don't look too nice. You have some history of pretty bad things revolving RDM.
    However you have never been in this situation before, this is why I will shorten the ban, but not unban you.
    I would shorten it to 1 week, but considering your previous troublemaking on the server I will have the ban run for 2 weeks locally instead of 4 possible global.

Note that due to the bugs I cannot shorten your ban as of yet, but It will expire February 24.

Feel free to play on East and West 2 these 2 weeks.

Ban appeal: Approved, shortened ban.

15. Cool. Thank you Horseman. Dagon, I was only kinda mad because of the things you called me. That's all. I don't like being talked to in a derogatory fashion by someone I don't know, and I have no quarrel with. I'm glad your ban was shortened, I didn't want you banned in the first place.

16. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Currently we are having some problems with the ban system and modifying bans but I went ahead and took care of it for you. It's set to expire on Feb 24th.

17. xasda

xasda New Member

ok thank you guys so much and mccloud i'm sorry i called you retarded it was in a moment of rash. i guess it's all settled then. and horseman yes i do have horrible records because in the past i don't know how to play and probably wasn't my main TTT server. Anyways, i'm extremely grateful for what it has become and i have nothing more to debate.

18. I will go ahead and lock this topic then.
    Discussion over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.