Answered Content and goals

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Siddo, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

What're the goals of SGM right now? Which golden shore or safe harbour is SGM steering toward? Are any changes or cool community events in the works?

What about content? I know Highwon said there'd be no development in light of the shutdown. And if memory serves, after the shutdown not happening announcement, the actual future for content remains unclear. Is there any update to this? Are there plans to find and or bring in developers or will SGM TTT remain as is indefinitely?

2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Hello,

Thank you for asking this question. Some of the things you've asked have already been addressed in the "Shutdown Canceled" thread regarding things like content. However, I'll cover them again.

Right now, SGMs primary focus is on the health of the servers. We still experience a few crashes and attacks that have caused issues for us and our community, but we are resilient. Content will not be added until we can have some smoother sailing. If/when it is, it won't be huge changes.

As far as the community events, I've actually had a few things in mind, but I haven't gone over it with my teammates just yet; I want to make sure I have all of my ideas solid.

Finally, for the future of SGM, the plan is to continue with Garry's Mod and our primary game type of TTT. At this point in time, there is not any change to that platform anticipated.

Keep an eye on the announcements if there are any big changes to these answers.

Thank you.

3. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

As of now, the main focus is to first of all:
    • Roll back the remaining servers to pre-December 2017, to fix the crashes and go back to a stable version on all of our servers.
    • Once that is done, we'll slowly attempt to bring back some of the features that have been removed with the rollbacks.
      The aim is not to bring back everything, and limit the amount of content we do bring back a lot. But there are a couple things we'll need. Mainly bugfixes and staff resources.
    Once that is done, we'll reconsider how exactly to move on.

We need to get a couple things sorted out first.
    Currently, there are no big events planned. I'm not saying that's never going to happen again, but there are no plans as of now.
    We'll first of all need to get everything back on track, before we can think about bringing back anything like that back.
    To sum up: the possibility is there. But it's not guaranteed.

As for the general direction regarding content:
    One thing that has been discussed before is smaller updates like map releases, jihad sounds, round-end songs and similar minor content updates.
    That's might still be happening, although I can't give you any specifics on that right now.
    If there's going to be new content, we generally want to aim more towards smaller changes.

I hope that answers your question.

4. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

thanks daddies OwO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.