Answered Clarification on Changing Responses to Reports

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Han, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Han

Han       VIP

Hey

After a recent thread I made, I had a couple users come to me unaware that moderators couldn't change report verdicts without discretion. I'm not entirely sure if this accurate or not - it's what I was taught as a staff member, but there seems to be some contradictory sides now. There's precedent for this in this report here.

Verified says this:

However, this was more than a year ago, and I know for a fact some staff and former staff were now taught differently. My question is:

1) Is Verified's statement the current standpoint on modifying report responses?
    2) If Verified's statement not the current standpoint, what is?

Thanks.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

The quote you posted is how it has been done and how it is still done.
    I'm not sure how current or former staff were ever taught differently, as the initial response to a report should never be changed, unless, of course, clarification is required.

The only thing that has changed since Verified's response is Death Scenes, so staff can see exactly what happened.
    That doesn't mean the user can change their story after they have given their response, it just means staff can verify if their response is true or false and slay accordingly

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

As far as I'm aware, it's pretty much up to the specific staff member to choose whether they consider the additional info as a clarification or as a response change. Blatant response changes will still result in slays.

• Like Like x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Han

Han       VIP

This is how I've always believed it to be as well. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 2