Claim Block reworks and suggestions

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Amatsu, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

Hello everyone. Today I come to you all to propose a number of possible changes to the current grief protection/claim block system. As you may know, every hour will give you an additional 100 blocks. You get this over the course of the hour, so in reality, the number of claim blocks is about 1.6 per minute. This is a bit slow, and I've often stood around, waiting to build, because I couldn't protect my area fast enough.

To this end, I have a number of proposals and ideas. Some have been discussed in game, others are my own personal thoughts.

1) Increase the hourly claim rate.
    With ease one of the most simple, and straight forward suggestions. Instead of 100 per hour, perhaps it could be 200, or 250, or a number that cleanly divides by 60 such as 240 or 300, to ensure a better blocks per minute ratio.

2) Voting
    Perhaps instead, however, one could allow the daily votes to give a small number of claim blocks as a incentive for voting for the server. Maybe 100 or 200 per vote?

3) Purchase
    The plugin I believe already supports purchasing claim blocks, perhaps this system could be enabled to allow some of us, with immense wealth, to put it to better use.

I hope that the devs take the time to read this, and chip in their own thoughts and ideas. I think we'd all like to see the claim system be improved upon, and this would be a good first step.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I like the voting idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

+1 I was actually thinking about this today as I was extending my claim. I like the idea of purchasing more claim blocks, but I think it should be made to be very expensive to do so. This way it gives those who have a lot of money something to spend it on, and for those who don't have a lot of money a goal to work towards??

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

+1000

5. Deathbyrussian

Deathbyrussian Creator of Worlds - http://imgur.com/a/LfHNY Emerald

Added this. The command is /buyclaimblocks <x>. Each block costs $30 in-game and you can buy however many you want. I'm not sure if it goes over your max total claim blocks (20,000), this will need to be tested.

/buyclaimblocks 100 will buy 100 blocks for $3000.

As for the other suggestions, the hourly rate may change in the future depending on how this buyclaimblocks thing goes. If people still have a hard time getting claim blocks we may increase it.

The voting idea has been added to my list of possible additions. I will discuss with the others.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

Alright, awesome. As discussed in game, 30/block is a fair, but still high enough price that makes players decide if the investment is worthwhile.