Rejected Changing the shooting players rule.

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Pluto, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Pluto

Pluto New Member

(This thread contains several rule changes.)

I think the traitorous act, as it states: "Shooting players or towards them." should be changed to *without a valid reason*.

Reason being; this makes way more sense because if a traitor is KOSed by another innocent player, why would you not just kill the traitor and both win? Why would anyone think it's okay to shoot at an innocent player shooting at a traitor. If you think that they are calling a false KOS, wait until they identify the body or shoot at you and begin firing. It causes a lot of unnecessary RDM that's completely unjust.

Also, to go along with this rule, there should be an implemented traitorous act that states: "If someone is to call a false KOS, they can be killed."
    This makes it so if a traitor calls said KOS, they can be killed for it.

Being around a KOSed player should also be changed to go along with these two rules. This enforces people to only call correct KOSes instead of making the entire concept negligible.

Point being, there is no point to actively attempt to kill a traitor as an innocent and the game is EXTREMELY one-sided towards traitors. Innocents have no way to further themselves in the game without, unfortunately, being shot at for killing traitors. It makes it seem as if the only way to kill a traitor is if you are a detective, otherwise, you'd just be shot for it.

For example, if I call a KOS on a traitor and am actively shooting at them stated in the rules, GBA [guilt by association], says that you can be killed if you do not act upon the traitorous act by calling them out or attacking them you can be killed) I can still be killed. Regardless of the fact of whether or not I'm shooting a KNOWN traitor, you can still be killed. It's absolutely ridiculous and makes no sense. If someone is to commit a traitorous act, they should be able to be shot at, otherwise, it's an easy win for the traitors.

I'd appreciate any feedback as to anything that I missed or may have misspoken about. I tried to go through the extended rules extensively to completely understand them and they seem to have a lot of holes that just don't have any logic applied to them.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  2. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

false koses are kosable, the game isnt one sided towards traitors, and theres a 5 second grace period you kill people in during a gun fight after they have killed and ided the body

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Shooting towards players is traitorous because traitors start shooting players randomly. However, I don't know people's "valid reason" for calling a KOS and a lot of times the traitors will call out innocents.

Imagine waiting for a traitor, or even helping them kill an innocent they KOS'd, only for them to turn and kill you because you had to wait.

You don't know the role of either person in most gunfights, so you can't be certain of who to kill pretty much ever. If I see you test and get proven and you start shooting someone without calling a KOS, I won't shoot you, but I also risk being killed for GBA if someone else thinks you're a traitor. However, if whomever you shoot at starts shooting back, I would help you kill them, ID the body, and keep playing.

Being around someone that has had a KOS called on them is terrible because many times traitors call out innocent players while they're shooting at them. Could you imagine after the above scenario you and I get killed because you were KOS'd by a traitor? That whole scenario can be confusing for both sides because KOS's get lost or muddled with multiple fights or events happening.

In summary, I don't know who a traitor is if both people are shooting and I'm not going to wait to find out. Being with a KOS'd player isnt traitorous because the person with a player may have not seen the call out or watched them get proven. Finally, search before making suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I mean, the traitors are also outnumbered 4:1, and you want to make it to where they can shoot people and then claim that had a valid reason so they can't be killed for it.

5. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

I disagree, the game balances innocent and traitor victories around 50 %/50 %. You have many similar games like this, for e.g. Town Of Salem, where town (innocents) almost always win because the game is one-sided towards town (giving them too many tools to win) , or Mindnight, where it's easy to win as a hacker (traitors), because agents (innocents) have no way of finding out who the hacker is for sure, and they ALL have to guess correctly.

• Like Like x 1