Change The Way Players Respond To TTT Reports

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Bonk2, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

I have kept an eye out for console !rtv and I can report, there wasn't a single one in the 2 hours I played.

2. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Using !response randomly when traitor implies you are an inno who was reported and is a viable tactic

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

Excellent observation

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

It's an optional thing though...
    Like, you have to manually pause your round and type !respond into chat. Nobody is forced into it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

Exactly my point, that option shouldn't be a thing because it is round influencing

6. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

The Keyword here is "Option" Typing the respond command, doesnt influence more than what you make it influence, you can simply wait with responding till the round is over or till you die, avoid the risk of someone having possibly ghosted to you through the report. It taking up to 30 seconds to respond is a non-useful arguement as it changes from player to player and from report to report. Some reports takes more explaining to do, others just takes "You passed an UnID" and in the end depends on your typing speed.
    Nobody is forcing you to respond as fast as possible, it would only been an issue if you stood there for several rounds without replying to the report o.o

And when it comes to rtv. You can never go off, of people using RTV to assume they are dead, even if most people use rtv in chat, its not a 100% certainty that everyone does it all the time. Therefor common sense cant be applied to RTV'ing, sure you can suspect they are dead, but you cant proove it or kill anyone based off of it o.o

I can understand where you are coming from, but I really dont think its a change that will actually change anything, at least not in a positive manner, removing the response command have more negatives than positives.

For instance, if a player have bad Memory they killed a bunch of people and have a report against them and they cant recall the player that reported them, and therefor dont remember their reason for killing them, then that player and staff will have to spend way more time on talking back and forth with eachother to remind the player of a scenario they had forgotten about, this conversation will take way longer time out of a players active gameplay than what the respond command will.
    + if they still cant remember the case, as sad and annoying as it is, we might even have to slay them because they cant think of a valid reason for the kill, and if we cant find a valid reason for the kill through our tools either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

I understand your point of view and I now get the perspective of the administration.

• Like Like x 1