Change the lottery system

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Pyroguru, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Pyroguru

Pyroguru New Member

There is a pretty big flaw in the lottery system. There isn't a big enough risk. Yes I can put in 200 tickets and still lose but I won't lose doing that very often so the risk is a pretty small one. The big flaw is the fact that when I buy a ticket for 100 points it puts in 100 points into the pot, so there is no risk in that matter. If I put in 200 tickets I am going to get all that back plus what other people bet there is no risk for me. Plus people who either have a ton of points or are parenting with other people are just going to dominate the lottery. What needs to be done is to change the amount it charges you and keep how much it puts in the pot. For example it charges me 150 to buy a ticket and puts in 100 in to the pot. That way people who normally dominate these drawings will lose money if they buy massive amount s of tickets. These big pots won’t go away though because every once in awhile a couple of people with a lot of money who will buy a ton of tickets but it won’t be every time. The average amount that people win will be significantly less but it will be spread out to more people. This will make the lottery system a lot more fair and give a chance for everyone to win

2. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

Everyone has the same odds of winning the lottery. Someone could buy 300 tickets for it and still lose out to someone who only bought 1 ticket.

3. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I'm pretty sure it's per ticket odds. Else it would be useless to buy more tickets if they didn't increase your chance of winning.

Also a better suggestion for the lottery is to have tickets give diminishing returns on chance to win. Cap it at like 50 tickets worth of chance (so even if you buy 100 tickets, you'll only have a chance of someone who bought around 48 tickets.

4. elitekiller150

elitekiller150 Active Member

I put in 350 tickets one time and lost I think the lottery system is fine

5. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

At first I dumped everything into it with no results, now I just put in 1 ticket everyday and cross my fingers.

6. elitekiller150

elitekiller150 Active Member

I think with 20 tickets you have a good chance of winning

7. MckeonHitman

MckeonHitman Serious Member

Dumped 3k in first time

Won

8. Snak

Snak Banned

Your assuming everyone can just put in 200 tickets, which is 20k points u know yes? And assuming someone can afford to do so it is highly unlikely they will beable to do so again for awhile unless they actually win.

I won the lottery twice, both times i had less then 25 tickets each and there were people who has 150+ tickets each and I still won. I think there is enough risk cuz when I even put in 1 ticket I'm loosing 100 points and that still hurts me! :(

9. zeta

zeta Member

I think it's fine the way it is, if you don't like the system then just don't bet