Change dumb RDM rule

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Harvest, Oct 27, 2017.

?

Should jihadding a teammate (as a Traitor) be considered RDM if the round is won upon detonation.

1. Yes. It's still RDM.

36 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. No. The round is over so it shouldn't matter.

97 vote(s)
    72.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

I think we're forgetting something here...discretion.

Rather than change the rule, isn't this a case of simply using discretion (getting from admins in the case of mods). That way the point of people getting lazy with warnings doesn't exist since the rule is still in place, and those few cases that occur are treated like any other incident that requires discretion. Isn't this what discretion is for? Or does that not exist anymore?

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Han

Han       VIP

So I addressed this in my first post here on page two, but I'll add that I actually agree with what Xpro said earlier, which was "You can't base something on if the round is won"

What happens if you RDM an inno right before the last traitor is moved to afk? If you throw an unwarned frag which blows up an innocent and the last traitor? Both of these cases are RDM. It doesn't matter that the round ended, it's that you still RDM'd, even if it didn't affect the round. There's also precedent for this, such as when a detective RDMs but heals back the damage with an hp station - it's still RDM.

My view on this rule has sometimes changed back and forth, but I'd probably say right now I think it should be RDM due to how it relates to other cases in the rules. That doesn't mean I like other rules that cause contradictions, but I'd prefer the rules to be more consistent than not. The problem is bigger than this specific ruling, but that's how the rules are right now.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

I'm going to refer to what Carned said, you should only be punished for RDM if it ruins someones round. In this case, you woudn't be. In fact you are drawing new players away from this strict system because they are unable to play for a round because why, they ended a round while happening to kill an innocent? Sure, it's RDM, but you aren't ruining anyone's experience by killing an innocent while ending the round, but with the system we currently have, you're more ruining experiences than bettering them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

if you don't report him he prob won't get slain happened to me so many times and when i didn't want to report he get no slays
    staff were on

5. Han

Han       VIP

You're free to believe that RDM should only be punishable for that reason, but that's not what the rules define RDM as. Changing this would result in many other cases being contradictory and needing to be changed because the RDM ultimately didn't "ruin someone's round". I don't see that happening anytime soon.

EDIT: Silent, I'm not going to respond to your post with another of my own because I'm not in the mood to argue with someone who just likes arguing for the sake of it, but 1) Random in RDM is pretty much an outdated term and blowing up your teammate out of nowhere is pretty random anyway, 2) It's not that you're winning the round which makes it a mistake, it's that you jihaded and killed your T buddy.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  6. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Not even remotely related. Again, the simple answer is intent: RDM is Random Death Match. Nothing about activating a jihad in order to end the round is random. We also apply RDM to situations that are not random, but a mistake on the player's part, intentional or accidental, such as the grenade throw you mention before. Winning the round could hardly be called a mistake. If there are any other ways RDM would be considered, please state them.

If you killing without warning meets the following criteria to not be liable for RDM:
    -The round wins as a direct and immediate result of your actions
    -You are a Traitor (This prevents loopholing of any form)

This is an incredibly simple situation. People aren't going to 'take advantage' of this rule because it is so incredibly easy to make a mistake and end up slain as a result. All this rule does is protect people who did make a much less consequential mistake from suffering for playing the core game correctly. They did what they should have: Won the round as quickly as possible. If our previously established rules make that a valid slay, then perhaps we should take a look at those rules as well, instead of saying winning the game is against them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Aarow

Aarow VIP

I just died because of this dumb rule. The last Traitor attacked my Det buddy and me. I jihaded cuz that's what I was holding, killing the Traitor and ending the round. However, I also killed the Det buddy, some edgy kid who had me slain even though he didn't even seem mad. He just had me slain to have me slain. PLEASE CHANGE THIS RULE

8. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Will this ever be resolved?

9. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

I partly agree because the round is over.
    But just warn and this isnt an issue
    and what if it goes wrong and the D gets lucky and lives, you just RDM'd your T buddy while killing self and lose the round

10. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

The staff has a lot of other things going on, please be patient. Thanks.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

i dont get it

12. Viral☣

Viral☣ I'm the hero that Deathrun deserves! VIP Silver

The reason why this thread is getting so much discussion is because it can basically go both ways, if your t buddy reports you because you didn’t warn them it would be valid, but it would also be valid that you don’t deserve a slay because you never ended the round for somebody due to the fact that the round had already ended. I think because of this It would sound more fair if you hadn’t been issued a slay because not warning him even though this caused the round to end isn’t a valid excuse. This gets my +1, however I prefer the rule to be reverted back to this
    • If you kill the innocent and your T buddy it is not RDM
    • But if you missed the innocent and only killed your buddy it’s RDM
    Some people are saying that because you could have easily missed the innocent this shouldn’t be implimeted so that’s why I prefer what I stated above (the way the rule used to be).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

...what? The post is about the jihad killing the last inno and ending the round. RDM is changing someone's round - if the round is over, there's nothing to change. As I've said, if the jihad misses, damages or kills a T buddy then sure, it's RDM. If it kills both and ends the round... who cares that you killed the T? The round is done.

14. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Original post of the thread: "The rules say X and should be changed!"

Most responses: "But the RULES say X so you're WRONG because the rules are RIGHT!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I've sort of changed opinion. Either way works for me honestly. Really doesn't change the game all that much as this happens every 600 rounds I play or so.

16. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Things like this is why I say we still warn even if they are the lasts ones alive. Granted there are no other Ts in this situation but say they were the last ones that were in the shed and Atlas does this and end up killing his t Buddies. He ruined the round for them and the chances of them winning. Now before you go on and say "Oh this only happens once in a lifetime you got extremely lucky there." I have had this happen twice to me.

TL DR I see you where you are coming from but no.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  17. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

As has been stated NUMEROUS times in this thread, I'm suggesting that only if the round actually ends this should be the case. Both of your videos show other people still alive, and it would naturally be classed as RDM if someone jihaded and killed their T buddies without the round ending. I'm saying that because the round ends if a T jihads an inno successfully, and happens to kill a T as well, it shouldn't be RDM because the round is over and nobody's chances of winning have been ruined because the game has literally just been won.

18. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

This is still a discussion wtf

19. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.