Cats or Dogs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Iuna, Apr 20, 2017.

?

Cats or Dogs?

1. Cats

2. Dogs

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Cat i have two cats and two dogs ruuning around my house lol

2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Depends on who you are.

Cats are liked for their independence, their chill vibes, cuteness, and their purrs of affection. They're also pricks. That's about it.

I like dogs more because they're overall more obedient, loyal, and social. They can protect you and your house, entertain guests, do tricks, cuddle, give you company, and give you a reason to get up and go outside.

The only difference between most cat and dog owners is time and space. Certainly however, if you have an excess of both of these things, most would prefer a dog.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I've had both cats and dogs over the years. Currently i have two Glen of Imaal terriers.

4. Koishi

Koishi Killer Queen VIP

i have a 1 and almost a half year old puppy toy poodle who behaves like a cat, because he's absolutely goddamn useless but hes cute and fluffy as fuck so that automatically nullifies his uselessness

as for the question, i dont know lol, cats are useless but cute, dogs are too loyal that we dont deserve them so im probably gonna go with both or like a fox or something

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Primarily, I'm a doggie person
    But I gotta love my kitties as well!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cafedemocha

Cafedemocha 2319 VIP

Im definitely a dog person (y)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Peach

Peach sweet c: VIP Silver

Dogs ftw!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Salisian

Salisian An unbroken series of successful gestures VIP

Most dog breeds do not mesh with low energy owners. When I want to sit and be a lump and ignore the entire world, every cat I've had would walk in and go "Oh. Well shit. I'll just sit nearby and keep him company just in case," whereas every dog I've ever encountered has been like "Oh human is sad must GET ON TOP OF HIM IN HIS FACE AND SEE WHAT'S GOING ON ATTENTION HEY FRIEND Y U DOWN." There is no chill with dogs.

I would say though that people who claim that cats don't take as much time (walks) as dogs are probably doing it wrong. If you don't spend explicit, focused time with your cat, you won't get the kind of relationship with them that you could otherwise. With cats, that's focused snuggles, brushing, etc. With kittens, that involves the wand toy or playing tag. I'm not even kidding- my last cat knew the rules of tag, and if he tagged me and ran, and I wasn't immediately behind him, a moment later his head would pop up in the doorway of the room, and he'd say "Prrp?" like "Hey, wtf man, why are you not chasing me?"

I'm convinced everyone who says "cats are assholes" hasn't developed the right kind of relationship with them. I've never had a cat knock a thing off a shelf, poop outside the box (or if indoor/outdoor, leave it in the open,) bite me, hiss at me, or even play indifferent to me.

Maybe I'm a friggin' Disney princess or something though, since the same is true of swans, ducks, snakes, spiders...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kebab

Kebab Fimbultýr VIP

BOTH.I am animal lover yes :) (except snakesssss and spiders... zzzzz)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

I have rescued stray dogs since I was a little kid with my dad. We heal them and stabilize their nutrition, before finding a loving owner/family for them. Sometimes I get to love dogs more than humans because of their loyalty, nobility and affection towards its companion. One of these stray dogs later became my permanent buddy, Alf (like the Alien from the 80´s). He had broken ribs and tail; but we managed to help him recover with time, and today he is the smartest and most agile dog ive ever seen. He opens doors in the house by jumping and pressing down the handle with his paw; he swims exceptionally and for a very long duration since we taught him so he could come with us in our surf trips; he keeps finding ways to escape the condo although we have blocked off every way after so many escapes, so much so that he once pushed a cardboard box towards one of the walls to be able to jump it.... Basically, the guy is a beast, and I love him with my life.

Cats suck.
    Dogs FTW

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Anyone who watches Red Dwarf knows that cats are the best.

On a serious note, I have no huge preference, so I won't be voting. That being said my dog has been acting like a drug addict recently, the freaking spazball.

12. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Cats are what I got now, so I say I love cats. Either way they are both cute and adorable.