Castle Wars Expanded

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Juice Juice™, Mar 10, 2017.

?

Does this Appeal to you? (With the knowledge that this is not the final product)

1. I'd Play it, but not on the server!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'd Play it!

57.1%
  3. I'd Play it, But not on Minecraft!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't think I'd play it, but it seems like a cool idea!

14.3%
  5. I wouldn't Play it.

28.6%
  6. I'd play something like it, but it would have to be much different than what this suggests.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

I made a thread a bit ago mentioning Castle Wars as a potential end-game extender. There was a mod/plugin or two that was sort of what I imagined, but I thought I'd make a discussion thread in case people actually think it's a good idea. Even if it doesn't end up getting implemented, I might try making it for personal use (this might end up well as an RPG maker game) So! I'm going to show how I imagined it, while taking input from the rest of the community.

A Basic Summary:
    Castle Wars would be A Player or a Group of Players creating structures on plots of land, using in-game currency to purchase blocks, gear, or mobs in order to build defenses and traps to defend your Throne room. Once both Plots/Teams are ready, their castles would be teleported next to each other, and they would wage battle until one throne room or the other is taken.

Currency:
    The currency used for Castle Wars would be different from the one used in the rest of the game. It could be obtained through minigames, or by converting Survival currency, and is used to purchases Blocks, Equipment, and Mobs.

Modes:
    -Competitive
    , Castles would be un-altered after each game, all damage, mobs lost, and gear lost would remain gone. The winner would have the option to claim the resources of the loser's castle, or have it converted into currency
    -Casual, Castles would either be restored to their original state, with all mobs and gear refunded or restored as well.
    -Pre-set, Both Castles would be given a pre-determined amount of currency independent of their player total. No risk or outside currency, just skill and creative ability.

Other details:
    -Pickaxes would likely be unavailable, or maybe limited to low-tiers, but TnT would be, forcing players to slowly move through the blocks by breaking them by hand, and therefor leaving them open to attack, or to move through the castle the normal way, or to spend a lot of money on explosives
    -Mobs would have three types: Normal, Loyal, and Followers. Normal mobs would attack any players or Loyal/Follower mobs that enter their detection range, following normal behaviors. Loyal mods would stay in place or wander until an enemy player or follower would enter their detection range, which is when they would attack. Follower mobs would follow/be directed by the player in a waypoint sort of fashion.
    -Players would respawn in their throne room 1 minute after death, or in a wave sort of fashion. They would lose all inventory, but would keep armor/weaponry.
    -A betting pool could also be added, using items from survival or currency, with spectators to watch, making things more interesting.

2. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Overall it's fairly simple, but I think it would be lots of fun! Plus, it would give people a sort of 'end-game objective' if we keep the content of the survival server to vanilla standards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.