Answered Can you kill off of a radar?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Vorzeichen, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vorzeichen

Vorzeichen Member

I've gotten mixed answers from both mods and the community.
    Say 1 T, I and D are alive. D has radar and T has diguiser.
    Can D kill the inno?

2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

3. MrEvanJ

MrEvanJ On my grave I want VIP not RIP VIP

To my knowledge innos with a radar so detectives can kill for there being one dot on the radar. Why would it be the inno's fault for following the only information they have on who's alive and who's not. why should you be slain if there is only 1 other player that you know of. I have asked @Steven | SP about this before. Maybe @Disruptionz @Slicck @Darktooth @FrostedBlade could clear this up?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

What? How can you not kill someone for being the last blip on your radar?

The function of the disguiser is to DISGUISE you from radars, and to make the detective think that there is only one person left. Why take out a basic function of the disguiser from being in play?

I don't agree with that. Unlocking this for the time being.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  5. FrostedBlade

FrostedBlade Through victory, my chains are broken. VIP Emerald

I feel like the Traitor basically get's credit for the kill because he's deceiving the Detective. I feel like this shouldn't be RDM.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I believe the decision was made that a player cannot kill an innocent for such a situation. The card a player could play on this situation, that if it were valid would be common sense; "Oh you were the last person, so I killed you." Well, what if there's two blips, and the detective tells them they're the last two and one kills the other; the kicker is they were both innocent and there was a traitor disguised.

My point is that, even though common sense in this situation would be possible, common sense should also leave room for other possibilities; especially if there is more than one person on the list of living.

I still think to a scenario when a detective looks at his radar and sees two people left, one disappears (to like the nether), and the other is killed; blip was still there, but it would be RDM.

I think to mitigate thlse situations, it should be an easy clean-cut, no. Not to mention the fact that, even if the traitor gets credit, the innocent still loses karma and, if they're lucky, might get it reset.

7. Slicck

Slicck Advisor VIP Silver

After DT and I discussing this, we're going to make a thread on staff discussion and get everyone's input and come up with a final verdict.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. OkaiD

OkaiD *-* VIP

I have used this to intentionally get the remaining detectives to kill innos, in my eyes it's an opportunity to kill innos another way. Just like false kosing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. BlueCore

BlueCore Onward and Upward Banned VIP

Although the Staff are more than capable of coming up with a final verdict. To have my share, I, as well as many other players; it would seem, would have to agree with Darktooth's response. If a Detective sees only one blip remaining on his radar, why would he not genuinely believe that that last player is a Traitor? Despite if that player is the last one alive or not? Personally, the two reasons of purchasing a Disguiser as a Traitor are to, 1) Being able to have their ID invisible to the opposing team, to eliminate the possibility to get KOSed whilst performing traitorous acts, and 2) To be camouflaged from any Detectives' Radar. Why would we take out one of the only two reasons to purchase a Disguiser, especially in the circumstance of Detectives killing Innocents as a result. The credit for the kill should go towards the Traitor, and the Detective shouldn't be in any wrong, as he is simply acting on association. I don't believe Karma would be any concern, as for these events to happen you would need to be a Detective who bought Radar, with one Innocent left, and one Traitor who bought and is using the Disguiser. I wouldn't see this happening too many times to the same player in any particular map.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. urisk2

urisk2 ~Rawr~ I'm a polar bear VIP

The rules used to say you could kill based on radar situationally. Now it appears that there is conflict on it.

11. kynwall

kynwall "Painting Roses" VIP

I believe that you should absolutely be able to kill another based off of the radar if there's only a single blip left, because of the disguiser which is a tool used to deceive the detectives to kill the last innocent when down to the final three players, those being an innocent, a detective and a traitor. The traitor has done his job and has increased his odds of winning; simple. Those who think this is balderdash and claim this to be "RDM" generally have ended up being the victims of such acts and become bias due to emotions, some maybe not but hey who am I to say what's what?
    At least that's how I view it, feel free to form an opinion of your own though. I just hope that when they've decided a final verdict that they heavily took into consideration both sides of the spectrum.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

I mean, considering that a traitor or traitors could be using a disguiser to fool the detective, there's a chance that the last person really isn't the last person. But, either way, they are appearing the be the last person and the traitor has done some work to fool the detective, so it shouldn't necessarily be RDM if the detective kills the last person. I think this is kind of similar to a traitor utilizing a false KOS; they call an innocent out to get them killed. Is it RDM on the part of the traitor/the person who killed the KOS'd individual? No (at least I don't think so :confused:), because the traitor tricked the innocents into doing their work for them. Think this should work out in a similar way to that.

13. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

I think the final stance on this is that you can kill off of a radar. After much heated debate in staff discussion, and even @Highwon's opinion on the manner, I think we have reached a stance that we all seemed to be okay with.

You may kill someone for being the last blip on your radar. This is an intended feature of the disguiser, and we are not going to take this away from the tool.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

To add on to this, the other night I ran across the situation where a traitor had a disguiser so I was the last blip for the first time in my 500 hours here. Was I made I got killed by the detective for being the last blip? Sorta. Did I want the detective slain? Hell no. It's a tool that can lead to innocent death, just like the DNA scanner (if an inno kills an inno for good reason, but the detective didn't hear, etc.). It helps keep the rounds shorter.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.