Boost Rounds/Perks System

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by Tinbuster00, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

On deathrun there's really nothing to spend your points on besides player models and the lottery.

So I was thinking about possible ideas of Perks/Boost rounds. Perk would be similar to TTT where they last forever. Boosts would be one round deals you could only buy once a map (similar to how you can buy T or detective rounds) depending on the boost.

Boosts
    Note: For boosts I had the idea of adding things that would be too OP for perks but would be fun for a round
    • Death Rounds. Yes buy-able death rounds. You can buy them ever round if you want to. Most people hate being death so why not let those that want it buy it for a round. For added value, don't restrict the amount of deaths that can buy it each round (provided there's at least 1 runner). I think it would be hilarious if fifteen people buy death at once like people do with detectives on TTT. Maybe around the price of a detective round.
    • Increased Speed and/or Reduced Gravity. It can be one or the other, both, or separate boosts. I'd allow allow someone to buy it once a map else it would be OP. Around the price of a Traitor round.

Perks
    • Death Chance. Five tier perk system. Each level gets more expensive and lowers your chance at being selected as death by 5%(or 10) for each tier, with the result making the user 25% (or 50) less likely to be chosen as death than normal for a given round.
    • Health Regen. One time and expensive purchase. Every second you regen 1(or more) points of health
    • Health. Health increased to 115 from 100. One time expensive buy
    • Infinite Harpoon. When you pick up and AK (which is on almost every map) it is replaced by a Harpoon where you can throw infinite times. One time expensive buy.
    • Redemption. As a death you can pick up guns. One time expensive buy.
    Some of the ideas may need to be fleshed out a bit and some may have some unforeseen drawbacks, but I just wanted to suggest a perk/boost system with some quick ideas.
    I also need something to spend my points on other than player models cause I've already bought em all.
    pls @Highwon

If you have any ideas for things likes perks or round long boosts, feel free to suggest em cause these are just some quick ideas.

I think there was already a perks post idea, but I can't seem to find it. And this post is sorta different.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze

+1

3. Viral☣

Viral☣ I'm the hero that Deathrun deserves! VIP Silver

I love the idea of all of these besides the gravity.Many other servers have different gravity for the runners and I didn't like it.with the gravity you can jump over the snowman in ice world and others things that can be unfair for the death,In my opinion I don't really like the gravity but the rest I have tried before and they are amazing!
    +1

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  4. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

+1
    Deathrun needs some love, too!

5. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

All of them aside from Redemption seem good. Why against Redemption? Because that should be a guaranteed thing right away in Deathrun. +.75

6. Emtech2

Emtech2 The worst ones always live VIP Silver Emerald

This could be a tier perk that would make it a higher chance every time you pick up an AK to replace it with a harpoon until it is 100%.
    Again, could be a tier perk. The higher the tier, the faster the regen.
    Tier 1: 1HP every 5 seconds
    Tier 2: 1HP every 4 seconds
    Tier 3: 1HP every 3 seconds
    Tier 4: 1HP ever 2 seconds
    Tier 5: 1HP every 1 second
    However, if that is too powerful you could just raise the amount of HP gained every X amount of seconds. So instead of 1HP every 1 second it could be 5HP every 5 seconds.
    I think this should have a restriction, if there are 4 or less players on the server, the perk would not work OR would have a significantly lower chance skipping you in death selection.

Other than that +1 to everything besides the gravity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

+1 to this but more like @Ye Ole' Chad's version:

8. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I know some people like being death but being able to buy it may make some salty people buy it and target someone because of the round before.

• Like Like x 1