Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Adrian Shephard, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

Quick question
    Can a poor me with age 14 create a bit coin acc
    And how I.can earn
    Ty

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. 4sea

4sea VIP

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Reda-Lex

Reda-Lex sup, China ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)/ Administrator VIP

Bitcoin mining is a good way to earn some money by doing close to nothing.

I started to mine bitcoin /w nicehash last month(you can find a bunch of tutorial on youtube/reddit). I have 1 rx480 and 1 overclocked FX-6300, i can make 1 to 3€ per day(Depending on the bitcoin price/difficulty and a lot of other parameters) if i leave my computer on h24. But you need to check how much electricty you are consuming. I'm in a country with cheap electricity(i think) i spend around 0.08/0.06€ per KWH. After checking i spend 0,60€ to make 1 to 3€. Which is nice. I let it run when i'm browsing internet/watching youtube video.
    After 1 month(Could have earned more) I made 10€ worth of bitcoin.

cons:
    -Reduce component life span!
    -Create heat(Mining during the summer will be impossible).
    -Consume electricity(You need to make some test and see if it's profitable).

If you need help, add me on steam.(I'm still a noob in bitcoin mining but i know the basic)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  4. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

this is why I had to pay more for my GPU.

Now to the actual topic,

Good luck with bitcoin mining, I do not like people who bitcoin mine, and like what was stated I doubt your parents would let you suck up their electricity for that either.

From an HVAC guy, you also reduce the span of your A/C, because when your machine runs more frequently, it wears down the compressor, contactor, capacitor and relays. Especially since you don't have the necessary BTUs to cover the heat of the bitcoin miner either, it helps weaken the system.

So yes
    please do that, I need money
    break your A/C pls
    i fix

for a price
    xd

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Reda-Lex

I'm using my gaming pc and not a 10 gpu mining rig.

I pay a big part of the electricity bill, so i don't care about that. And the heat is not a problem right now, my pc is running cool and that extra heat is heating my room, i will obliviously stop mining during the summer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

Very risky for a bitcoin miner lol hope your pc components last longer.

7. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

You don't mine bitcoin with nicehash. You're mining altcoin and paid in bitcoin by Nicehash for your mining power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

9. Reda-Lex

I'm not mining all day. I'm only mining when i'm watching youtube videos or just browsing the internet.