Binoculars

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Janppa, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Janppa

Janppa VIP Bronze

Binoculars are absolutely useless atm however if u could get dna from corpses with it it would be much stronger and useful. Maybe add this ability if its not too hard? And make it a bit faster so u dont have to stand still for several seconds.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

I do say I find it useful on unided bodies in unreachable places but I agree it's weak because the slow speed makes you so vulnerable while you use it. I don't think there should be a way to get DNA because first of all makes no sense and seems a bit strong since you would be able to get DNA from a corpse far away which doesn't seem fair since the Ts would have a hard time knowing if someone has DNA on them or not. But making it faster would be nice.

3. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Faster processing upgrade can make it less of a liability to use it than just sitting still for few seconds where you're vulnerable for people to attack you.

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/binocular-processing-upgrade.33486/

That thread showed support for potential pointshop upgrade (if it's possible).

I think being able to grab dna would be useful since people sometimes dump bodies out of the "map" on terrortrain or into the pit on innomotel. However, I can understand the side that claims DNA should not be obtained via binoculars.

• Like Like x 1
  4. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

could make two separate point shop perks, one consisting of five levels for speed and the other consisting of one level for dna.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Janppa

Janppa VIP Bronze

Traitors already have decoy that counters this so it wouldnt be op at all, Also its super easy to get rid of bodies with dna and this would add counterplay to that. Not everything makes sense in ttt and it doesnt have to.

6. Emily❤

I mean I don't use flaregun that much and dumping bodies is how I deal with DNA but the binocs would then make it able to scan bodies on some of the maps where you can easily look over the edge and that with improved speed makes it hard to deal with imo.

7. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

wink's idea is pretty good, but I agree this should be added! :)

ps opalium remove parkhouse thanks

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Janppa

Janppa VIP Bronze

While u collect dna with binoculars u could easily be killed. This would also make flare gun and decoy more useful.

9. Emily❤

I mean with increased time the time frame you are undefended would be less and with DNA I feel would be both kinda strong buffs to it when I feel DNA still is a bit to strong.

10. Emily❤

I mean that is kinda shitty since new player would just have a worse D item then since it would not be able to take DNA and be slower making it kinda unfair towards newcomers.

11. Agent A

TBH, that can be said for our current pointshop system. It's geared towards to people who have a lot of points to spend for benefits of making things easier for them.

12. Emily❤

I play mostly Nilla where there is no upgrades that gives any gameplay benefits and those on modded is strong but at least they usually comes in levels meaning you can start upgrading them so you don't need like 20k for a single upgrade for the binocs. Also because the binocs rn is crap and it is unreasonable that ppl would have to use points to get an decent item that shouldn't be so weak to begin with.

13. Agent A

The same thing can be applied for this. We don't need to start at 20k for single upgrade. Tiered upgrade is a possibility.

TBH, the same thing can be said for good amount of upgrades we have in the pointshop. Thus, I can use the same argument that you made that people shouldn't have to use points to get an decent item/benefit. Take DNA. DNA tends to last for a long period of time. With the upgrades, we can easily cut it down greatly, which gives us less worries about having our DNA being picked up.

Besides, binoculars isn't 100% crap. It's just very situational. The situations rarely arises for us to buy them.

14. Emily❤

For me it's not that there isn't use for them. I have used them but it's kinda lame how long you have to be undefended to ID a single body. Unless you find a good spot you are most likely killed before you can use it.

15. Agent A

That's the binocular's main drawback as it stands. It puts detectives in a window of vulnerability for few seconds. Couple that with things like accidentally moving your mouse button or being pushed by crowbar or discombobulator can make it not viable to use.

Thus, this is why I'm supporting for the idea of having less processing time for binoculars.

16. Emily❤

I am for a faster binocs but I don't think it should have to be used points on. It should just be buffed.

17. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

If you use the binoculars on an unidentified corpse that is unreachable, you are basically standing still for as much as 10-15 seconds which makes you extremely prone to getting sniped or as the pros call it "one-tapped" and what if you use them on a body and you just wasted your precious time on identifying a body with NO DNA on it which makes you wanna face palm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I don't like the DNA half of it but I absolutely would like to see a tiered upgrade to the processing time of the Binoculars. I would use it a lot more, especially on maps like innomotel with the pit trap. I worry that the prolonged stillness will get me pushed in normally. +.5