Accepted Better Communication with new users.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by FreeKillcoupon, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your forum seams to lock a lot of posts with limited interaction . I'm not sure if its maturity or just a sense of having the last word.

-FreeKillCoupon

2. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

When the only posts you've made have been spam topics, reports, and ban appeals they are most likely going to be locked.
    Your first post was a ban appeal, it was locked, therefore due to the topic being resolved it was locked, no further discussion was needed.
    After your ban apeal was made you made a spam post/topic, naturally it would be locked due to the fact that it help no discussion value and was spam, AKA you broke the rules with that post, it's going to be locked.
    Your third post was a report against the moderator known as Amazing. Amazing had done nothing wrong and was following his moderator duties, therefore Event Horizon locked the report due to the fact that it was false and there was no discussion value left within the topic.
    All locks that have been made against your posts have been fully justified and if you don't like it then so be it, we can't do anything about it.

3. What gave my second post in the General Discussion as Spam/Unrelated? It was relevant and details were limited within the post; But conversation could have taken place.
    Anyone could have asked the question why? Or perhaps given further advice to the occurrence.

-FreeKillCoupon

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Please review our forum rules found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3655

That would answer as to why your thread was locked.

5. It was not spam nor grave digging. Its rather frustrating when a thread is locked. I understand rules and why they are applied; but why must all these special colored/titled individuals provide the most generic of responses to issues. When a problem arouses i just "Suggest" that a thin layer of importance be applied before locking a post.

-FreeKillCoupon

6. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

The staff member that banned you gave reasons why he decided not to lift your ban on your appeal. You then made a topic in general discussion that is considered spam because:

1: It has no content or means of starting a discussion
    2: Discussing bans is something only to be done in the Ban Appeals section

If you did not agree with the staff member's decision on your appeal, a more appropriate choice would have been to send the staff member a private message to further discuss the ban.

7. This post is about communication with new users.
    It's about the thought process that is applied before exercising the lock method.

8. DocFox

I'm guessing you're completely new to using forums? Your ban appeal was denied and locked, which should have been the end of it, but you made a post which included the criteria in Event Horizon's post and that topic was locked.

9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYwmEoAa ... u.be&t=17s
    I understand why the Ban appeal was locked. Just my following two posts is what irritated me. No room was left for discussion or conversation.
    In my second post it was merely a joke. Im sure after some one has been banned, they go and post some emotional memoir of who they are and why they are better in CAPS. It was a post to poke fun.
    It was the limited interaction and concern that was given that fueled this.

-FreeKillCoupon

10. DocFox

Actually, you're one of the few users that I've ever seen post an irrelevant post about their ban appeal/ban in general discussion.

11. It was a cry for attention I admit.

12. opouly

opouly Regular Member

well regardless welcome 2 the forums i suppose =)

13. Meta4

Meta4 VIP

Haha... well I think that was a quick and easy consensus. Should we lock this post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.