Avengers: Infinity War Part I (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by UncleBee, May 4, 2018.

?

Rate 1-10

1. 10

38.6%
  2. 9

11.4%
  3. 8

34.1%
  4. 7

9.1%
  5. 6

4.5%
  6. 5

2.3%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

The following thread contains SPOILERS regarding Avengers: Infinity War Part I

If u havent seen the movie yet and dont want to be SPOILED then I suggest not to read futher.

2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

it was a movie

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

watched the movie today and gotta say i enjoyed it. the movie obviously had some pros and cons.

cons being:
    - a lot of information were left out, such as how thanos got his hands on the power stone, how he found thor etc..
    - movie switching from places to places, e.g. you got one scene with doctor strange and after that a totally different scene with the guardians of galaxy(something justice league did). imo this makes the viewer lose its relationship with the character. when gamora died i didnt feel that sad about here, where as if something happened to her in guardians of the galaxy i would have cared more about her.

i really liked the new iron man suit, eventhough it hasnt been explained how the hell tony made that suit. also expected more from spiderman since he got the new suit.
    lots of action really liked that a lot too.
    overall i give it a 8.5

4. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

HE DIDN'T WANT TO GO! :cry::cry::cry:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

I watched it a couple days ago. That movie got me fucking shook.

I agree with @UncleBee though. They switched a lot...

But that iron man suit was bad ass, you have to admit it. Like, me and my friend were watching it, and when he went on his reactor and pressed the screen and a whole suit went over, and pulled out these giant beam things, she looked at me, and just said "what the absolute fuck" (loudly. RIP) I also really expected more of Spider Man. I feel like the suit had MANY uses, yet all it seemed to do was have those big legs, still cool though. Hulk buster though seemed a bit of a disappointment, literally this giant ass suit, but it seems it can only punch?

There was a lot of stuff that was needed to be explained, but the movie was long already so it probably wasn't too easy. Was still good though, Pratt continues to get shit (jokingly) on his Instagram posts for not having any patience. I thought though, they won, they destroyed that last crystal just in time.. Then the twat used the time crystal and reversed time. Like, really? You didn't have to rip it out of Visions head and throw his dead body.

Definitely gonna be a part two. Where they all come together, fight him, get it off, kill him, and find a way to bring everyone back, probably go to the place and throw back the soul stone to get Gamora back (Is it just me or is she hotter green than normal?)

6. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

Purple geologist wants rocks
    10/10 movie
    link

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

That's his ultimate suit, bleeding armor or something (Stark's).

Hulk Buster was in control by someone who has never been inside a piece of Stark's technology. This suit subdued (beat) Hulk, it's amazing and does what it's meant to do, unless some dummy is controlling it, lol.

Just all FYIs :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I didn't like the whole arc with hulk lately. In age of ultron he runs away because he didn't like hurting innocent people. Then we find him lost in the random place in ragnorak where he's been hulk for 2 years and says that if he turns again banner may never come back. Then end of ragnorak hulk comes out, and now banner is back again and hulk wont come out. So it went from, hulk didn't want to come out, to hulk was out all the time without mercy, then back to hulk didnt want to come out.

I'm not super impacted with all the deaths as I feel that some if not all will come back. I hope they have a better plan than just stealing the time stone and reverting it all. Supposedly captain marvel is super strong chick but I know nothing so that could be a good way to bring it back, we already saw thor with stormbreaker get through the gauntlet blast so maybe she can do the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

i actually liked them switching, it advanced the story and it was easy to follow yall trippin

10. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

didn't watch it but I read all the spoilers cus I wanted to know what all these dumb memes i see everywhere were about and they still dumb even tho i know the context now.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

End of Thor shows when Thanos found them. Extra scene after credits

12. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Not related to the movie, but a friend of mine met Stan Lee at a small comic convention once, got the chance to interview him, and according to her, Stan is a pervert. :eek:

13. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

old ass rich man is actually a pervert.

news breaking stuff ya

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

Infinity Wars is a movie not made for people new to the MCU. You have to watch previous movies and End Credit Scenes. A lot of the cons you've brought up is explained in the movie.

Explaining Some of the points you've made.
    • End Credit Scenes in Thor Ragnarok shows Thor's ship being held up by Thanos.
    • It was also explained in the movie that Thanos got his power stone from Xandar, the infinity stone was secured by the Nova Core after Ronan was defeated by the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    • In the movie Tony said that his suit was made of Nano technology which gives us an idea of how it works.
    • Spiderman is still young and is not fully trained on how his suit works.
    I agree with your point of how the storyline switches throughout. I would rather have the entire avengers working together, than a few groups of avengers splitting up and having a story of their own. The whole Iron Man, Spider Man, Dr Strange, and Guardians storyline could have been its own movie.

15. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Talked with a work friend who said infinity war was his first marvel movie. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

its already obvious that some characters are gonna be revived somehow, since they're getting a sequal solo film like black panther 2 and doctor strange 2
    ive seen all the marvel movies except deadpool btw
    - all we see is thanos' ship in front of the asgardian ship, they skip all the plot of what happened in between, like how the fight happened

-if they're gonna show how thanos got his hands on all the infinity stones then the power stone shouldnt be an exception, i found it very stupid that the film started with thanos with the power stone already in his possesion

-eventhough it has been said that the suit was made out of nano tech, they should have explained more about it. its something totally different then what mr.stark had before.

-its still unknown whether spiderman even used that suit after spiderman homecoming, maybe he did maybe he didnt, but if he has then they could have easily shown more

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Niclas

Niclas hióa

The movie suffers a blow that's major to me and the non-marvel fans. I have not watched every single Marvel movie to come out (I have watched the original Spiderman trilogy, Iron man trilogy, Captain America, Thor and Thor Dark World) and that's why it wasn't impactful at all to me. I enjoyed watching the perspectives of two sides, because Thanos doesn't think what he does is wrong.

However the movie is long and is heavily based on what the marvel fans know, it is not made for the people who aren't marvel fans. And that sucks, I couldn't enjoy the movie without having to watch 10 more movies. I think that they focused much more on the comedy (like marvel usually does, it's for the fans) than the actual seriousness of this threat to kill half the universe. And one thing that really bothers me is why Thanos didn't kill the people who stood in the way of his ultimate goal, it was his glory, pride and a salvation for the all the beings in the entire universe, in his mind. If he can kill his own daughter why couldn't he kill everyone else when he had the chance? I know that some lore is going to cover that part up. You can say I can't interpret what Thanos is thinking, but I can passed on the information the movie as given me, and I can voice what I think his goal is, so can you.

I could say that superhero movies aren't really my taste, but that isn't true. I really, really, enjoyed the dark knight movies. The thing about the Marvel universe is that there are so many movies, and they don't differ from each other. The good guys almost never suffer from anything, and that's why I think all the Marvel fans that saw their superheros die like they did, they were shocked, because they never have seen anything happen to them besides this. The movie wasn't impactful on the action scenes since no one suffered except the bad guys. The scenes there were impactful was when Loki was killed(and I thought Thor died) and when he kills Vision to take the Mind Stone.

One scene that would have majorly impacted me was if he had actually stabbed Iron man to death. I know that someone is going to tell me: but they couldn't win that way and Iron man was needed for the one in a billion ways. You have to remember that this is a script, it is written the way they want, they could have changed that anytime they want and killed off Iron man and said that was the needed sacrifice.

I said this the day after I watched the movie to some of my in-real life friends and they had good arguments to counter me with, however in the end they definitely agreed with me. One argument that could throw me off-guard is that everything doesn't have to live up to my standards, and it shouldn't. But, however my standard goes doesn't mean the movie didn't disappoint me alone, and isn't flawed. It is not made for non-marvel fans, my friends also thought the movie was tiring and they didn't really feel that impacted by the movie. Some scenes were funny at times but we didn't feel anything for the movie.

It doesn't really bother me that much that people are enjoying the movie and who isn't, what bothers me is that people are overhyping and overrating it. It is a pretty big flaw that mostly only marvel fans can enjoy the movie. I mean for reference the Lord of the Rings trilogy didn't get as high ratings. And those movies were for both audiences and it was really good. And the same for the Dark Knight series, not even the first movie which was really good got as good reviews.

I could write tons of more stuff but it is best to find a really good and honest review, which I did.

Mddle-aged man grey hair and beard. I can't find it but when I do I'll update my post with it. It was YouTube and it was really eye-opening, it went into detail about the course of the movie and how it doesn't apply to the non-marvel fan. And he said and I quote. Be open-minded. Consider the facts and opinions of other people, and don't be a dumbass and defend it with your pride. Be a smart fanboy and counter the arguments that people come with.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Valedict

Valedict VIP

hope no one liked vision before watching the movie lmao

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

I just saw it
    holy fucking shit that ending
    People were legit crying because of Spider-Man cringy as hell.
    I've seen every movie when it came out in theaters, and I also love the comics too.
    So this movie really was emotional, exciting, and just brutal. What I love about this movie is that Marvel didn't suffer from a bad villain this time. They finally had a successful villain, he was brutal. Absolutely ruthless, which is why I loved this movie so much. The villains didn't hold back, and then when Thanos snapped. That was it.
    Actual 10/10 obvious cons were, you had to be a big Marvel fan to understand everything, jumps around a lot so new fans will get quite confused.
    Loved the movie though.

20. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1