Anyone got/are getting Bravely Default?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by shadowdragoon66, Feb 8, 2014.

1. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

It is a turned based RPG by Square Enix that is their attempt to redeem the Final Fantasy Series. It plays similarly to the GBA/PS1 era games and is a very good game. If you are interested in the game, it is available as a demo in the eshop with content not seen in the full version and includes a bunch of stuff you can send over to the full game after you complete certain objectives. The demo had me hooked and after getting 100% of the stuff done in the demo, I am sitting at around 14 and a half hours and that is with very little actual game content, (20 character levels, 9 jobs with 4 levels each, 4 minibosses and a main boss, a couple of side quests and a town which you can add villagers to via streetpass that you can upgrade for better items with a wandering merchant).

[youtube]qjmzvaxrD-E[/youtube]

If you do have the full game, add my friend code and I will add yours. The cool part is that every person you add via friends list or streetpass will be added to your village to be used to upgrade it faster and people you add to your friends list can also be summoned into battle to help you fight.

My friend code is 3325 2516 3488.

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

I'm thinking of getting the game. Got to play the demo a while back and did enjoy it. But right now, as I'm a college student and I barely even have time to play STTT nowadays, I might get it during Spring Break. Never know though. Gonna get it soon. :)

3. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Wicked cool!!

4. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

The name of the game comes from battle mechanics called Brave and default. You get battle points you use for various actions in battle and you usually start a battle with 0 although there is a random chance of starting with 1 battle point. As long as you have 0 or more you can attack. You can do up to 4 actions in battle for 4 battle points and you use the "brave" command to activate multiple actions and you use the "default" command to defend and save your battle point for that turn.

My favorite feature by far is the difficulty menu in the game options that lets you adjust things like game difficulty and monster encounter rate and toggle things such as exp gain, job exp gain, and pg gain which is the money used in the game. You can also adjust the speed of the combat actions from pausing it to making it move 4x faster.