Any low cpu screen recorder

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Adrian Shephard, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

i need to record my csgo vids but 1/2 of my pc goes down cause screen recorder CPU USAGE do u know any less cpu usage
    my spec
    core2duo e4400 2.20ghz
    4gb ddr3 ram
    geforce 730 2gb ddr3
    also if i upgrade to quad core will i be able to record normaly and can i use home camera to record pc

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

You can try to use your cellphone's recording ability. Alternatively you can use OBS. That's the lowest program I'm aware of.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

fraps

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Adrian Shephard

how

5. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

You take your phone and record the screen of your computer.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Adrian Shephard

no way i can use phone as desktop recorder??????? or camera ???

7. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Prolly not in the way that you're thinking of. It's low quality but it gets the job done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

I have a processor that is 10 years old. I use obs at pretty decent settings, mind you its not clear 1080p its a little fuzzy, the downside to Obs is the file size of the recording. Depending on your settings you are looking at anywhere from .5 gb an hour to 5gb every 20 minutes. At my current settings to record for 1 hour is 2gb. I would try Obs first or use the Microsoft game bar if you have windows 10 (I never learned how to use it)

9. Adrian Shephard

can u give me ur obs setting? ty

10. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

Its like a dozen screenshots, I can send them to you via forum inbox or we can set up a time and go through them on Teamspeak when I am free either tonight or tomorrow.

11. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

I just suggest you change you CPU...
    Dual Core is just horrible. If anything switch to an i5 or if you wanna go lower i3.

That's my suggestion because most screen recorders use quite a bit of CPU.

But hey that's just me.

12. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Obs is great for storage when compared to shadow play. A 1080p 5 minute video is 2 gb lmao

I would highly suggest using obs for your low end cpu. I had obs for a while and even tho I had no idea what to do I still managed 30 FPS recording while in game getting around 45 FPS at 720p recording. I had an i3 which is drastically better than your cpu, but with the right settings you could do a 480 p or even a 720p if you do it right.

The Microsoft gamebar I would not recommend for csgo. Csgo even has a pop up that’s says something along the lines of “we have detected you are using windows gamebar. Windows gamebar has had several issues causing FPS lag. To find out how to turn off windows gamebar please click ‘okay’” and they have an in depth tutorial on how to turn it off.

Going off of what graze said, it won’t be perfect, but with a good phone will do a hell of a lot better than any pc recording software. You won’t have to worry about in game lag or freezing. Even with an older generation android such as the galaxy grand prime (my old phone before switching to iPhone) was able to put out pretty decent pictures for an Android. If you have an iPhone, anything from the 5-5s on will be perfect. You’ll even have 1080p videos from the iPhone.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Theinkern

14. Elvis

Grapes isn’t all that cpu demanding, however it leaves a watermark if you don’t buy the full version (iirc it’s like 50 for the Livermore?)

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Adrian Shephard

hey not every one can waste 37$ to buy screenrecorder
    but since im African there is other way to do it:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

16. RaYm0nD

RaYm0nD VIP Bronze

Use OBS and try the "Auto-Configuration Wizard".
    Also, if you have a geforce card, can't you use Shadowplay?

If none of that works:
    For source games use the record demo function in the game and then render it to a file. There should be an option to do so when you play the demo.

17. Elvis

He’s using a gt730 and shadow play doesn’t support anything before gtx 600 series iirc

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Theinkern

isnt fraps free .-. ?

watermark isn't too bad is it ? I remember when it was 100% free wth.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Adrian Shephard

well i will check how to render file
    for my geforce its doesnt support its since its quite old and not a gtx
    Btw @Jack O'inkern i remebered i had a :sneaky: of fraps its worked even to lock my fps to 30 in some cases
    tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    i may upgrade to quad core soon or late

20. Elvis

How much money do you have to spend on a pc? I can get the build for pretty cheap that’ll be hella better than just upgrading your cpu. A 1050 or 1050ti is very very good for 100-150 for the gpu.

Another good way you could get a cheap cheap pc that’ll give you 1080p recording and gaming will be to just buy a dell optiplex that has an i5-2400 in it and slap in a 1050ti. The optiplex is about 150 depending on where you buy and most come with 8 gb of ddr3 rdm but if you’re lucky you can find one with ddr4. With the 1050ti you’re looking at about 300 usd before tax and shipping

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1