Anti-cheat suggestion

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by IAmGiygas, Sep 23, 2014.

1. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

I know I suggested this WAY far back, but I've found a better one.

https://code.google.com/p/blade-anti-cheat/

http://coderhire.com/browse/script/951/ley-ac

http://unitedhosts.org/bar/HAC/ (best so far)

Some interesting things HAC can do that no other AntiCheat in GMod can, as far as I know:

• Console key logger, all keys pressed are logged.
    • Detection of ANY unknown cvars/concommands, even if not added through Lua.
    • 100% serverside speedhack/angle/anti-aim/sv_cheats/sv_allowcslua detection.
    • Speedhackers end up in a bin!
    • Several methods to attempt thwart skiddie file stealers (see sv_FixEnum/sv_BurstCode).
    • Two different methods of screenshot logging
    • Checking of bound keys.
    • Re-binding of keys.
    • Very large amounts of self-checking to prevent bypasses.
    • Steam group checking.
    • Advanced keyword checking of client's Lua files.
    • Detection of overrides to GMod's default files.
    • Protection against serverside backdoors/takeover/RCON stealing.
    • Total blockage of SendFile/RequestFile. Bans anyone uploading/download non-sprays.
    • Name validation, refuses connection for skiddie/troll names, newlines, invisible spaces, certain UTF chars etc (see sv_PWAuth/sv_UTF)
    • Total RCON protection. Whitelisted to in-game admin's IP and SteamID.
    • HIIIIGHWAY TO HELL!

I know hacking is an impossible problem to solve, but this may help.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

3. MattDahEpic

MattDahEpic Supporter

-1 me no like keylogging even if for anticheat, no keylogging. no.

and rebinding my keybinds isn't nice

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Acting from the Shadows... VIP

This sounds like a stalking-device instead of an anti-cheat. Either way, some way of cutting down on the common hackers would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

• Checking of bound keys.
    • Re-binding of keys.
      This just means it checks if you have any hack menus bound to keys and if you bind any hack menus to keys and that's pretty much all it does.
    Well most of what it does is checks against what values SHOULD be and reports back if the values that shouldn't be changed, are. Think of it this way. How does an anti-virus work? It checks that programs have something that something malicious would, if it seems malicious, it reports back.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. MattDahEpic

MattDahEpic Supporter

Checking of bound keys: kind of pointless as a keybind runs a console command, which you could run yourself, and at that you could alias a hack command then bind a key to that.
    Using your antivirus analogy, antivirus has to have samples of what's "normal" and what's not. When antivirus detects something new or different, it will usually go and upload that sample to the maker. damn norton, going and deleting everything I know isn't a virus then not letting me restore it. smart people don't use norton, but i have 27 years of free licences to use up. I honestly don't think an anticheat should go so far as to change my client settings. What if I had settings for other servers? (not that I troll on multiplayer servers that I don't own) but custom lua scripts that I wrote for *my* servers and that are mounted on *my* client shouldn't be tampered with by something isn't mine. sub-note: anticheat plugins don't like custom things like mine. good fucking job anti cheat, that was my addon and it was perfectly fine. don't go disabling it. Rant aside, all the anticheats I've found don't like my custom things and ban me for it, so I have to go without pleasing my "continuity-with-everything-else-in-the-room" stat while playing. All hail the #ffd119 gui.

No keylogging. no. keylogging.

7. I don't think any sort of anti-hacking measures are really necessary. The staff is good enough about spotting and banning them so quickly that I don't think hackers are a big enough problem to warrant the use of something like this. And if they use something less obvious or maybe turn it off when mods are online, just spectate them and report it on the forums and they'll be banned pretty quickly.

I'm just saying that I've never run into a hacker online before. Except for ant. But he has some sort of next-gen hax that make it look like he's not hacking. But I take it to my GRAVE that he does!!! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

>Keybind runs a console command
    It checks both of these. And yes, it has a sample of what's normal and what's not and checks against these. I don't see why everyone is against this. All it does is checks each client to make sure they aren't setting anything maliciously or bypassing VAC. Does Maplestory's anti-cheat make it a virus because it runs through all the DLL files and EXE files to make sure nothing is being injected? Technically, it's a grey area, but it's not being used maliciously, it's being used to keep people from hacking.

I've definitely seen people that were hacking, and it was pretty obvious, but since there wasn't enough evidence, they couldn't be banned for hacking. Even if they do get banned because of someone recording them, it takes too long and people already get pissed because they've had multiple rounds ruined because of hackers and time wasted as I have. It is SO easy to bypass VAC and make it seem like you aren't cheating, so why not have some simple checks for each client to make sure they aren't wallhacking and stuff?

9. Well I guess it would be nice to get the opinions of other people in the community that have more time here than I do. I've played well over 100 hours in this server and haven't seen anyone that was even accused of hacking. Outside of the little kids/neckbeards who accuse everyone who kills them of hacking, of course. Nor have I been killed by someone who I thought was hacking. So maybe someone with more playtime could elaborate more on how big of a problem hackers really are.

Plus, the beauty of these servers is that if I ever do run into a hacker I can always jump to another server.

10. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

It isn't that I don't trust them, I just think this would be a helping hand, since some hackers are really hard to catch. I feel like YOU don't trust ME that this system would work rather well is no staff are online. It also kicks people with spaces for names and glitchy characters and stuff, which is also useful for when there are no staff.

12. Anaso

Anaso VIP

minus 1

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Pentrion

Pentrion Jake from State Farm VIP

-1 as this feels like George Orwell's 1984.....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

There are some privacy concerns with this anti-cheat. ULX has a screen capture feature as well but it also captures Steam overlay which is why we don't use it.

We have plenty of staff available to spot hackers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

You can easily turn off that option in this anti-cheat, just as you can with ULX.

16. MattDahEpic

MattDahEpic Supporter

They are the mods. Lower your arguments and surrender your idea. We won't add your anti-cheat to our own. Your ideas are invalid. Resistance is futile.

excerpt from: Crappy translation attempt at Borg, adapted for forums by MattDahEpic 2014.

reference points for me

in total: 0010110100110001

17. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Honestly the only thing we really need to detect is forced sv_allowcslua and sv_cheats, we don't really need all the other fancy stuff really.

If it detects those 2 server variables forced on then it just kicks the player (doesn't ban... i don't like the idea of automatic ban) or simply lets the staff know that a player with forced cheats joined so we know who to monitor.

18. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

This it ttt; not fucking nasa. -1

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  19. IAmGiygas

IAmGiygas VIP

Nasa?

20. MattDahEpic

MattDahEpic Supporter

nsa

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1