Accepted An Experimental Server

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Juice Juice™, Nov 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Just saw the fun round server post by @Dolph1n, and while I like the idea, it doesn't really have enough going for it. Instead, why not have a server where you test out new items, abilities, maps, or fun rounds, with a related thread dedicated forum section so people can discuss/vote for existing ideas and vote for new ones to be implemented. It would be a way to get direct feedback on just about everything, from a much wider audience you might normally have, and gives free bug-testing. Plus, playing with wacky experimental items would just be a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MythMe

MythMe VIP

Yes please

3. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Literally every single player in this community has this. Its called a local server.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

You fucking what mate

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Elvis

They. Have. Local. Servers. Use. One.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Gee I started a local server and it didn't have any of the TTT code on it. How weird [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Elvis

Uhm, "TTT code"? You can start a server locally in TTT.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

That doesn't magically give you all the SGM code like pointshop, custom traitor weapons, jihad sounds, m9k edits, etc. Thats my point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Elvis

Oh damn youre right. Wanna know a way to have that?? Literally upload the addons you want in the local server to the workshop (from your addons section in your folder) and subscribe to them. They will magically appear in your server!

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  10. Elvis

And what does any of that have to do with adding NEW items anyway? tf are you even reading?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Bby if I wanted to do somethign like damage edits (a hot topic issue lately) or try tweaks, you need the original files to edit off of. You can't even add m9k for TTT from workshop. If you think I'm wrong do it yourself and prove me wrong.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Juice Juice™

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I'm pretty sure @Carned suggested something like this previously, but it was rejected due to the man power required to update and tweak things constantly. Or maybe it was implemented for a split second only to die moments later, can't remember.

14. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah I suggested a PTR like two years ago and got no feedback and gave a similar options when suggesting the Low Population server, so I'd expect no response to this either.

It's a great idea but requires some actual work for once

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Juice Juice™

Well damn. That would just be a lot of fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Katness

Katness *Rawr* Imma Kitty Kat! VIP

I think this would in fact take way to mych man power to maintain.

• Like Like x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  17. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

I strongly feel like this should happen. (I dont want to make another thread because that is frowned upon, pls no old ratings :oops:) The modded servers would be able to get stuff implemented that the majority of the community wants and it would be a bit less guessing from the dev team. A server like west 2 or east 2 could be replaced with this. (Never heard of deathrun :eek:) So the PTR server could have stuff changed every 2-3 weeks with content like new maps, t/d weapons, regular weapons, extra roles, and other kinds of things like possibley (temporarily free) pointshop upgrades to try out. I just feel like this suggestion would be for the better and the work that gets put into it would improve the servers’ updates.

+1

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  18. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

@Opalium you can mark this as accepted.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.