Allow deaths to pick up weapons

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by ryan4win, Oct 11, 2015.

1. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things Banned VIP+ Silver

Deaths should be allowed to pick up weapons during the ending games in deathrun. I've asked around and the main reason I get to why deaths can't pick up weapons is because they have the whole map to kill the runners. Well this doesn't really make sense to me, most of the ending games are suppose to be fair skill challenges and when the deaths cannot pick up weapons it kinda nullifies the whole point of the mini-game. Most maps have an alternative if you do just want to kill the death without him having much of a chance, most maps have "easy" or "Punishment" as a mini-game choice.

So overall in my opinion we should allow deaths to pick up weapons, I believe this will make the game much more challenging and interesting.

• Agree x 15
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Boggles my mind that this isn't active +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

Used to be on the other side where death shouldn't pick up a gun because they had the whole map to kill the runners. I've changed my opinion after playing a bunch since any minigame now basically results in an easy kill for the runners. As you already said if you beat the map and want an easy kill, nine times out of ten the map has an easy minigame like that. Death not being able to pick up guns though ruins tons of the other mini games.

There are mini-games like Tribute's where the two sides shoot out the floor underneath the other. If the death doesn't get the gun then the point of that mini-game is essentially ruined. Letting the minigames play as intended would make the end games a lot more interesting and adds more replay value to the server. It would also make being death more interesting/less boring in my opinion
    +1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Bacon Bombs

Bacon Bombs Matthew 1:25 New Testament VIP Bronze

No the Deaths deserve to die!!! Lol but -1 from me sorry.

• Dumb x 6
    • Disagree x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  5. ryan4win

Bump.

Please :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Doodle Bop

Doodle Bop Things always look impossible until they're done. VIP

+1 I would like Deaths to be able to pick up weapons for more action packed 1v1's and plus it would be fun to watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. +1 for the gun!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

+1. If balance is the problem, maybe the guns could be nerfed a little. The unlimited ammo can get a little ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. or just remove all guns [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

Kappa.

Also +1! I would love to see this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. If the death can bunnyhop better than the runner than its his fault for losing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ryan4win

I remember @Darktooth considering this a month or two ago, not sure what happened?
    Anyways bump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Viral☣

Viral☣ I'm the hero that Deathrun deserves! VIP Silver

ofcorse +1.This would make it equal and a fair 1v1 for a minigame not letting the winner just have an easy win and not a challenge.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. [The beginning of my reply is based purely off of the Bunny hop gamemode. ]

If this is already stated, my bad. I'm bad at skimming text ;^) Anyhow, I +1 this idea as well, for those experienced death run players out there, how many times (as death) have you run into a round where you kill the player who is decent at bunny hop and holds the guns from the middle (at least in this case, in the middle of the bunny hop game mode] and are left with 2-10 players who don't know how to get past the first block?

With the addition of weapons for death. You can easily mow down your competition without having to wait for the death timer to run down and/or deal with the toxicity of some of your fellow players. Anyhow, what I'm trying to say is that death should have an equal chance in winning when it comes to awp, bhop, shotgun and other games that follow. (Reason for ect. if the server adds on an assortment of new maps, more game modes may follow with said maps, ie. Deluxe features a game mode where the objective is to destroy the table of which death stands upon. The only game mode in death run that death auto dies is "Easy". Because it directly states "easy" (Kill death without chance of loss. Currently the only games that feature death having a chance at winning are (Jump rope, Ice, Old and Knife.) [My bad if I'm missing out on a few game modes, but off the top of my head I can name these four]

Please take into consideration that death should be able to equip weapons.

[Side note: "With death unable to pick up guns, this promotes the idea of death dodging" ~Player on the SGM deathrun server]

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

I think instead of flat out allowing them to pick up weapons we should go with @Tinbuster00's idea and make it a purchasable perk from the pointshop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Viral☣

That's a good idea,but do you mean buy the guns,or buying access to pick them up?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

The true question is why would deaths be allowed to buy weapons...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Void

Void VIP Bronze

I'm going with Tz here, why would deaths buy guns? If deaths were able to buy guns then they can just kill the runners as soon as they win the
    map and pick something else besides easy or punishment. I mean to be honest, I like the fact that deaths would be able to pick up guns to give them
    a chance to win. But over all I would want deaths to be able to pick up the guns in the end mini-games. | It's just no fair that when I beat a map and I
    pick a mini-game in which the death can pick up the guns and they beat me to it but they can't kill me with them. | I rest my case.

~Void

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Arcanius

Arcanius Oh, you like it there VIP

IMO, the moment you let the runner(s) get past the last trap, you already lost and are a failure as death , minigames are just to kill the death in style, the fact that you're able to have an equal chance to win as death after you failed to stop the runners doesent seem to fit the gamemode. -1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Viral☣

Void I am with Tz I was just asking what he meant by making it a purchasable perk.

• Agree Agree x 1