Aircraft needs to be removed due to low framerates

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Onion Wizard, Sep 4, 2018.

?

Remove it?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. This map is a great example of what NOT to do when mapping for Source. Long and massive areas, very dull and just has a poor stank to it

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Now Im not an expert on what causes lag like "Some others" around here are >.>

But could the FPS drop be caused by the 2 Giant Prop Propellers in the sky, that are only part of the map as part of the design and have no other purpose? o.o Except for its fun to toss props up in them to watch them get hurled in random directions.
    Noticing in the FPS video, your FPS drops wherever you are underneath the 2 Giant Propellers, but is fine when you arent underneath them or looking in their direction.

In any case, the map does feel more suited for a less amount of players, compared to our server limit sooo +1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. My game crashed once because I looked at the func_rotating
    Yeah, the map maker tried to do one thing right and failed. No cubemaps, no decaration, no optimization. Could be fixed but it would take time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. alius

alius VIP

#BringBackTerrorTrain

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. wont take long

6. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Meh I have an r9 280x and a 7600k and get over 100.

But shit I rather replace this map with TerrorTrain

#BringBackTerrorTrain

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

>see post
    >gtx 1080 produces under 60fps in a game released 12 years ago
    >panic
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. When niggas make unoptimized maps anything can lag despite what rig you have.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Ruki

Ruki 目の前で明日が死んでる VIP

I have one of the worst computers here, map runs fine for me except for when people throw up barrels to stop the propellers.
    BUT I do agree on how this map isn't really good for a lot of players, and if it is causing issues for other players then yeah not fair to keep it and having those players not enjoy their time

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. My game even crashed once due to the lag.

11. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

+1

• Agree Agree x 1