Adjust Scout (+other rifles) Accuracy

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Mushroom Head, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Mushroom Head

Mushroom Head New Member

Pretty straightforward. Considering the Scout is a bolt action rifle with a pathetic firerate, it should be 100% accurate (.001 cone), as should the Awp (same stats), M82, and the Intervention (Detective weapon).
    Furthermore the Awp could be removed altogether as it's essentially just a duplicate of the standard Scout, or have its stats changed to make it unique (eg 65dmg with higher recoil). Plus it's pretty frustrating having to spend three or four shots trying to headshot someone standing still on a building across the road on 67thway with a weapon whose purpose is to do exactly that.
    The HK rifle should have its accuracy severely reduced (0.01-0.015), it's currently superior to the rest of the rifles in every aspect except damage, but that's easily made up for in that it shoots 6x as fast with a clip twice as large, as well as still being a OHK headshot.
    Garryboxes are already horrid enough, bullet spread on sniper rifles shouldn't be making that worse.
    Thoughts?

~Mushy

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

@Xproplayer

Otherwise, I agree with some of your points and disagree with others. Good suggestion I guess.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

The reason the values for the weapons included with TTT aren't changed is because with every update to Garry's Mod we'd have to change it again because the values for those weapons are included in Garry's Mod updates.

The HK has some bad recoil, as well as having a very ineffective scope for long ranges. It's only good at medium range(and short range if you can consistently hit headshots.

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

*screams internally*

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mushroom Head

Mushroom Head New Member

Wouldn't setting the stat files to read-only solve that?

An accuracy reduction would make the HK even less viable for long range, as it should be imo considering its firerate. Even at .015 cone it's still more accurate than the deagle, for reference, and it's still a fair bit more accurate than the rest of the assault rifles. The HK has almost no recoil for a rifle it's VERY easy to aim I'm not sure what you mean by that. The M14 has the same firerate but is much less accurate and I'm fairly sure it has much higher recoil. I forgot to mention the HK has a higher headshot multiplier than other rifles (and the deagle) too, 6x as opposed to the typical 4x. I find the scope easy to use too, but I've seen that type a lot and I'm used to it so that may be somewhat biased.
    Just earlier I watched Paradox pick off half a dozen players as T at long range by spraying them with the high firerate of the HK SL8. Personally I don't think it's at all balanced when you consider weapons of the type. It's a low-risk high-reward weapon which bridges the gap between assault rifles and sniper rifles by taking the best aspects from both (firerate, clipsize, scope, accuracy, recoil, headshot damage) but suffers negligible penalties to all of these but firerate (fires roughly 3x slower than assault rifles, but that's still 6x faster than the rest of the rifles).

But this is getting a bit off-topic, the main point of this thread was to get the slow-firing rifles a much-needed accuracy buff.

~Mushy

6. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Completely agree. Most of the time on maps like teenroom I don't even bother with headshots at long range because I know from experience that 9/10 times it wont do fuck-all even if my crosshair is perfectly on his nose and he's standing still.

also just delete SL8 y not social experiment bro

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

nope -1
    the cone is fine, the intervention would be useless if the regular snipers also had no cone. i mean it could use a little improvement but absolutely not 0 cone

increase the cone on the SL8 though

8. JackThePumpkin

JackThePumpkin VIP Bronze

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

You don't want to piss off the @Xproplayer, trust me.

10. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

It's okay, he will have to try harder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mushroom Head

Mushroom Head New Member

Intervention is already useless it takes up a third of the screen it rarely ever gets touched. Plus it occupies the primary weapon slot, so you can't have a decent backup weapon despite having a special role.
    Really though, the Intervention shouldn't excel above other snipers because it's more accurate they should all be accurate because they're snipers with rubbish firerate. Maybe if it had a better firerate (serve as the det's counterpart to the T's SVD?) or passed through body armour or something idk (not really worth the time it'd take to code in though).

~Mushy

12. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Intervention is useless because for some stupid reason it has a different, much slower, zoom sensitivity than all the other rifles in the game, making it really difficult to get used to if you use any other scoped weapons.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

bump plz so frustrating when you are trying to snipe with a sniper rifle but the gun is not accurate enough to headshot at long range. Plz make Rifle/AWP/Barrett/Intervention have 0 cone

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. What about the Modded M16? Does that changed every update or no? If not the same thing can be done for the rifle.

15. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

the hk is now op why we need to make it op even more add nuke instead

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

I think he's saying to make it less accurate, not more accurate

18. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver