Add an Unstaffed Server

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Will-e, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Will-e

Will-e VIP

I hear this every single day, "I hate staff!"
    "These mods are abusive"
    "NO MODS NO RULES"
    "Lets have an Rdm Round ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

Why don't we just have a server for all these people that think the game would be so much better without staff? If they think it would be heaven without rules, why don't we just have a server for them? Micspam all you want, rdm all you want, see what it's like. Staffs only job for that server is to pop on and ban blatant hackers.

Let them see if that's really what they want.

EDIT: Sorry about posting this flawed suggestion. I had just spent 10 minutes listening to some kids lie and circlejerk about their hatred for different mods, so I kinda blew up and wasted peoples time here.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    • Funny x 12
    • Disagree x 3
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. dawildcat

dawildcat VIP

That could be a laugh

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Why don't just go play Cs Go then if you wanna kill, spam and hack as much as you want¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    But really -1 as that would just be a toxic server and there is no reason for SGM to have a server that is doomed to be toxic as we are trying to come off as a place ppl actually wanna stay and have fun.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I don't think we need to sink resources into a server that's not going to get as much attention as the other servers. -1

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I mean.. i'm not against the idea...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Will-e

Will-e VIP

I can understand that completely. This is more of a half assed suggestion because I'm losing my mind over the Mod Harassment that happens everytime staff is online. Staff is the only way I can even stand being on the servers anymore, and yet it seems like 25% of the players online want nothing more than to drive all the staff away. That's why I was suggesting those people need a place to go so we can just have people who accept staff on the server.

I've played for years and got unfairly slain (by my opinion) maybe 3 times. People just never want to admit what happened and twist facts then convince themselves that's the truth and use it to breed this false founded hatred for the mods. They need a wake up call from their delusional behavior and a place where staff is never there to see how toxic and gross that place would become in just a week.

But yeah, I -1 my own suggestion since resources/money are a thing.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

They would probably not join anyway because they're around to cause trouble and when there's nothing to enforce that trouble they'll be causing no trouble for anyone and their existence amounts to nothing at that point.

In any case, cute idea but it'll never happen. -1

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

[​IMG]

I understand why you came forward with this suggestion but it's unrealistic, unviable, waste of resources and does not serve any benefits at all.
    In fact, it will increase the toxicity of one community and impact the growth and health of our current community.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Personally I think the community is full of a bunch of snowflakes that need a small dose of reality every now and then. I obviously agree with the idea of a server like this. I'd play it (probably more often) just so I don't have to hear people bitch about needing a mod every 2.49 seconds because they are getting RDMed.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  10. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

lol wat -1

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Daddy Nexxus

Refer to downvotes of this to learn who those snowflakes are.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Will-e

Will-e VIP

Half troll suggestion.
    The idea that certain people who act like staff is in their way need to get a dose of reality by playing on servers that are never staffed is serious, but honestly requesting the money and resources to create the server is not 100% real.

I don't believe it would magically increase Toxicity on the other servers, though if you decided to math in the new server it would increase the toxicity of the overall community.

If there is one area my idea feels fundamentally flawed it is this: It's not worth the money to have a server who's soul purpose is to serve as a constant reminder of why we have staff.

The point of the idea is when someone starts complaining about staff and trying to claim they're ruining the fun of the game, you can tell them to use "!hop" and go to the unstaffed server. They no longer have an excuse.

The flaw is that having servers is expensive. But I do not believe we can instantly theorize the full consequence as it being some sort of virus on the community. More likely the server would be empty 50% of the time if a rule-less mini community doesn't form, and just be a threat or argument point which, as I said for the nth time, is probably not worth the money.

Why do you believe it would make the community more toxic, you say it with such certainty that it made me uncomfortable. Like I've completely missed something you understand.

13. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

+563
    I really don't want to do my job.

I do tho.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

What in the actual hell is this? -∞

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I'll be quite honestly with you that most things people say don't get to me; they're just words. However, the moment they lose their privilege is when these 'tough' individuals decide to say something disrespectful to me or another player. Respect is the root of my reasoning for disagreeing with you. People have certainly lost their sense of respect for each other and it's disappointing to see in a place we call a community.

We act all grown up on the Internet and use words like 'snowflake' to define people that don't like our 'mature' words. We can't even come up with a better term to define those other people due to, I don't know, lack of vocabulary?

Players get upset when they get gagged or muted so they continue to spout off vulgarity in an attempt to 'trigger' these people. But we don't call them 'snowflake' because they're mad over something they did, because they're too ignorant to see the error in their ways. They're too selfish to even think about what may be going on with the other person.

Maybe it's a mental condition. Maybe they were once bullied and they think it's okay. Maybe they're compensating for their own insecurities. There's a number of things that could cause these individuals to be disrespectful to others and they, themselves, may be suffering; they may even be in denial.

With that all being said, let's stick to the old phrase of "If you can't say anything nice..." and try to respect each other. I'm all for a healthy mature debate, but you need to know how to debate, compromise, and respect the viewpoint of the opposing side.

I really don't want the people that play on this hypothetical server to be a part of this community, because that's not what this community was founded on.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Smusha

Smusha Meme Marine & Staffin' Machine VIP

We already have a DeathRun server for that :^)

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Daddy Nexxus

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

This would be a funny april fools prank only.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. wagwan

wagwan VIP

20. FloppyDisk

FloppyDisk New Member

+1

• Funny Funny x 1