Active camo

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Revolver Guy, May 28, 2018.

1. Recently i finished Halo 2 campaign for like 123123124325135 time. During play through i've got idea of new t utility which is active camouflage.

I checked workshop and i found out that is a thing.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=308977650

But ofc that would require some coding to make it balanced.

Imo would be in handy in some situations :)

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. it's seens like OP. combos Disguiser + Camo = Hit and run is Too easy

So like:
    If Player A shoot Player B gets hurt when turn 180° and saw Player A run awny then use camo near Player C is do something after Player B acts T on Player C.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Dude what did you just say?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Nah I don't want the hidden in regular ttt.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

I'm all over the idea of running around the map spamming winky face without being seen, buuuut... No.

Stealth in TTT will be OP.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Darragh

Darragh VIP

I mean, if theres a 10 second limit and a recharge of a minute or 30 seconds, this seems so lit
    +1

7. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

+1 This could be a cool addition with some tweaks.
    1. The invisibility should be reduced in comparison to the hidden by adding a blur effect to the active camo. A blur or lesser transparency could bring balance to the suggested Traitor item.
    2. The invisibility cloak should become more visible during walking, but stay at maximum transparency when crouch moving.
    3. If the player shoots, the cloak should lose a significant portion of transparency for a short duration.
    4. Edit: and active camo should last no longer than 1-3 minutes before expiry.
    For example an active camo with similar transparency to this would still allow the cautious player to identify a user with active camo:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I actually kind of like this idea to be honest. I think it would be cool with either Law's idea where there's a bit of a transparency effect to it, or- maybe even make it stationary. Like the detectives bubble where they're cloaked, but only when they're in the bubble that they set.

• Like Like x 1
  9. IMO there should be like delAy between activations like 45 seconds with duration like up to 5 seconds any action like throwing nade, shooting should cancel this effect.

10. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

I say -1 honestly. A lot of the fun in being T is finding a good spot to hide before taking a sniper shot, or securing a quick escape route before making your move. This makes it totally pointless, cause you can just turn it on and poof! No need to hide, just take shots til it wears off, or just do it in a crowd and slip out among the confusion, no escape route needed. I feel like itd be too powerful, no matter how you used it.

Plus, the cases of RDM caused by this would be such a headache to deal with. Guy gets sniped from one direction, everyone turns, sees one guy, killing him, while the real culprit is just invisible. What would the ruling be for this? Would this mean ANY situation where there was only one guy where it came from be RDM since its possible someone was invisible? Or would it not and just count as traitors killing more innocents, which would lead to a lot of angry players "why isnt he being slain he rdmd me" and them not understanding and yada yada yada.

Honestly invisibility would just cause a lot more problems than itd be worth.

11. This is RDM on suspicion.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Zypther

No it isnt....
    This would require a whole change on our rules, what he described is common sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. So hmm i was false slayed few weeks ago then... :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Zypther

Depends on the situation.

15. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Yeah, from the sound of the idea, this would definitely involve a few more cases where common sense can be manipulated by traitor equipment for sure, attributing those kills to the traitor. That’s not necessarily a bad thing however; players can and will adapt to the equipment, assuming it was balanced correctly.

Since we in deep mechanic/complaint mode here, the thing I’m more so worried about myself is implentation of gba with this equipment. It’s a headache to think about for me tbh, I love the idea, but yea.

• Winner Winner x 1