A way to fix PVP in minecraft

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Juice Juice™, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Make it so you can only start PVP if you are wearing unenchanted armor. This makes PVP much harder for bandits, while retaining the fun it brings. It keeps people that have god-items from dominating the server, because they are no longer invincible, but still deadly. It gives people who don't neccessarily like or want PVP a fair advantage, and keeps them out of the fight for the most part.

Also, make it so people can't enter combat 5 minutes after TPAing to someone. This will prevent ambushes, and keeps people from dying while their computer catches up to their ingame sprite. Making you invulnerable while spawning would also be required, because it takes as long as 20 minutes for you to actually be able to control your character after logging in.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Amatsu

Amatsu Emerald

The former I disagree with, but the latter could be a great asset and possibly the needed fix.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I'm wearing armor 24/7, and it's usually enchanted, so it wouldn't fix much

As for the 2nd idea, we should also make it so that they can't attack anyone else, as well as not being attacked

4. Juice Juice™

It would make it so bandits are at a much higher risk and at a much higher disadvantage when attacking people, because their armor wouldn't be enchanted, but we would all still experience the risk of PVP in the server. They wouldn't be able to form murdering bands and steamroll us anymore.

And yeah XD That was a given, I though

5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

A key issue with PvP I believe was fixed with /rtp on a cooldown, so there's that to look forward to.

6. Juice Juice™

Yeah, but people can still ambush you in your homes, before you're spawned in, etc. Especially since fireworks go off when you spawn. Not to mention you can get a steamroll going on with people who have better enchantments than everyone else.