A dialogue on the spam rule, and its application by moderators.

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Marshal Zuijj, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

THat's a point but isn't the whole point of mic spam being to reduce the amount of annoying mic usage?

2. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Didn't you want me to slay or ban some guy the other night because he was annoying you by shooting a HUGE?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

yes and you did not slay or warn him, so that just enforces my point that staff cant do jack shit about people being annoying when they arent breaking rules

digging your hole buddy. nice try tho (y)

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Goddamn I'm convicend

\Python for amdin 2020

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Python~

[​IMG]

yes rate dumb and run away lmfao. you're a lead admin. if you can't even stand by what you say then why are you in that position?

at least admit you're wrong like noct did. @Noctorious for lead 2020

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Python~

i bet jabba would like to ban me for being annoying right about now :coffee:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I think you'll find that I'm a bit more creative than that.

• Creative Creative x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Python~

obviously not creative enough to figure out a retort to my last point. let's just sweep that under the rug. cant let people know that lead admins have no idea what the fuck theyre talking about LULW

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

I completely agree with you, but just relax with the insults all the time, man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Python~

people dont respond to good, well-written arguments. they respond to insults. so i give them both and hope for the best.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

If your argument is valid then why must you insult them? It just gives off a bad vibe and loses you a lot of respect. Honestly, dude, you're a smart guy; you don't need to insult others to get your point across.

• Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. angie

angie VIP Silver

Nuno gagged because he himself PERSONALLY felt it was annoying and mic spam but no one else on the server was having an issue with it and if anything/anyone was TRULY annoyed by it, he should have told us to stop before immediately gagging us with no warn. If someone or some people were annoyed by the whispering duh I would have stopped but like mods need to remove their personal bias when moderating certain rules. And if Nuno want's to prove me wrong on this I would love too see a screenshot of someone complaining about us, when we whispered for maybe under a minute or so. Like we literally had two other mods doing it as well, @Adlactor Nell wasn't in the video but he too was doing it with Ryan, Zuij, and I. To which he also gagged himself because they both didn't think it was fair, nor did they think it was mic spam, furthering personal bias on the rule.

It's really not hard to have a definition of mic spam with some examples. Like mods should be on the same page of tolerance and what is considered mic "SPAM", emphasis on spam. Music, loud noises, mic is way too loud,consistent annoying sounds, sounds that disturb gameplay, disturb players, sounds that play over people talking, etc. It's not hard to compile a short list so others can have an idea of what is spam and what isn't. It would also be helpful to compile a list of things that AREN'T spam. Simple sounds (cooing) , playing something on the mic for a second, a small sound bite, even a sound board should be fine. AS LONG AS ITS IN MODERATION, NOT OVERLY LOUD AND NOT SPAM!! AGAIN!! SAY IT FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!!!!!
    N O T S P A M !!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Python~

thank you

14. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

im just gonna say in nuno's defense he didn't hear us as he joined after me and ryan did it already, that's why we gagged ourselves because we didn't want it to be unfair for everyone else.

15. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

there was once a guy
    who have the ability to do QUACK sound effect
    got banned for spamming :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. angie

angie VIP Silver

Coo! Coo!
    [​IMG]

17. LBPotatoes

LBPotatoes That’s so crunchy VIP

Coo! Coo!
    [​IMG]

18. Najm

Najm Feeling cute, might remove other eye later. VIP

Please dont whisper in my ear

19. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Changing your voice and using voicechangers have always been considered micspam, as it counts as disruptive message sent across the mic, some people might find disturbance in it, others dont, we cant all be the same and therefor discretion is applied to this rule.

Staff cant simply local mute a player, cause if they do, they are unable to hear if people start micspamming and cant punish players for it.

Some staff are more lenient on stuff like whispering or slightly changing your voice, I dont see an issue with it unless its with disruptive intent or other players have an issue with it.

If people intend to whisper into their mic, it will usually come out as louder ingame, due to having to move your mic closer to your mouth to get an input. But the output will often be some loud ass whispering in other players' ears.

And if we simply banned players for being annoying, you would have been gone before you came back. o.o

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Najm

Najm Feeling cute, might remove other eye later. VIP

I also wanne say that it can be extremely exhausting to moderate on vanilla when 5 people just keep discussing different things at the same time in voice. It's probably one of the most exhausting things for me when staffing: the inability to just mute others clientside. When I take some time out of my day to moderate, I don't need that. I never gagged for it but whispering is just another distraction. It's loud, it's not clear voice bc of air and it's annoying.

I do agree that the rules for spamming should be more detailed, but please give staff discretion for it or atleast discourage the abuse of voicechat / make it restrictive. This shit is tiring.