Dev [90% Complete] ttt_aquabase

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Doomblade3890, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

So I'm working on another map for Trouble in Terrorist Town. This one is going to be different than my other two maps, however, as this one will have an advanced objective sequence.

The level is set in an underwater aquatics research base where traitors have launched an all-out siege. With communications to the surface cut off, players will have to scramble to set up an escape from the aqua base while the traitors try to sabotage their attempts at every turn.

Here is a snapshot of the HAMMER file so far.
    [​IMG]

There's just a couple things I need to solve before I can finish this up.

1. When I run the map, it's raining. There is also thunder in the background. Is that just something that happens in TTT or is there a way to disable that?
    2. Towards the end of the objectives, I am going to have a trigger brush that will canvas the whole map except for the final room. This will serve as a teleport. The thing is that I don't want all the players to be teleported to the same room. I want it to filter out the traitors from the innocents/detectives, placing the latter in one room and the former in another. Is there a way to filter the teams like that or is that something that can only be done in CS maps?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. News Network

News Network broken Banned VIP

I like the look of it,

tell me more,

is there going to be T rooms?maybe a detective room?teleport system?easter egg?:D

3. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

@Thistlebutt Towards the end there will be a T room that will allow the traitors to spawn in a boss, but will cost seven credits to activate.

4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

This mob will make it easy to identify who is/isnt a traitor.

Attacking innocents means you can pinpoint traitors.

Having it attack everyones is RDM.

I suggest rethinking.

5. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

Sorry, I should have been more clear when describing this.
    In actuality there are two possible endings for the Innocents' victory (traitors always win by wiping out the innos).

Towards the end of the objectives, players will have to pass through a large testing chamber on their way to the teleporter to escape the facility. When one player enters the room, a thirty-second delay will begin with a teleport brush that encompasses the whole map, except for the large testing chamber and the areas beyond. After thirty seconds, all players will be teleported to the testing chamber. From there, they will be locked in. On the other side of the room is another large blast door that will open after another thirty second delay.

From here, the first ending takes place. Going through the hallway the players will reach the teleport room where they take the teleporter inside and escape the facility to regroup with the rescue team, which will trigger a ttt_win entity which will result in the innocents winning. The boss comes in as the secondary ending.

Now originally I was planning on having the first teleport brush send only the innos to the testing chamber and the traitors to the boss's trigger room, but I'm starting to think that separate teleport destinations like that are only doable when making CS Zombie Escape maps... Instead I'm going to have a large chunk of the wall made into a func_illusionary and have another brush that will act as a filter for traitors to pass through (similar to the detective room forcefield on Innocent Motel). Upon passing through said illusionary will teleport only traitors up to the boss's trigger room. When all traitors are inside, they can press the button at the cost of 7 credits. This will spawn in the boss, which will dart around the room and kill players on contact. There will also be a trigger brush inside the boss room that will fully heal the Traitors, and a side room will be accessible for them to gear up with a plethora of weapons and ammo. If the boss is killed, then the traitors will be revealed and ejected into the large testing room with the weapons they got in a last-ditch effort to kill the innos.

Snapshot of the Boss room. The illusionary passage still needs to be added.

[​IMG]

Edit: Also forgot to mention that to counter-act innocents killing each other during the boss-fight, I will have a brush encompass the main area that will heal players for 100hp per second. This will not prevent them from getting killed, however, as the boss will kill them on contact. The healing entity will only trigger when the boss is summoned, and will be disabled upon its death.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  6. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

It's been a week since the last post and I'm almost done with the map. There are just a couple of things I'm looking to solve before finishing it up.

1) I've taken a look at the ttt_minecraft_b5 VMF files and noticed that there is a logic_collision_pair entity that is supposed to disable collisions between the players, although we've never seen that in action because players in that map teleport to different destinations when the diamond blocks are collected.

My question: Is it possible to use the logic_collision_pair entity with the player keyvalue to disable collisions between the players so they don't get stuck together on teleporting?

2) I've noticed that some guns in custom CS:confused: maps have adjusted ammo values. Is it possible to adjust the ammo in a spawned gun in a TTT map?

7. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

im

so

excited.

8. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

OK it's just about done.
    Here's a video displaying what the level looks like so far.
    If you think there's something that needs to be added, changed, or removed, please let me know.

[Youtube][/youtube]

• Like Like x 2
  9. News Network

News Network broken Banned VIP

Nice looking map!

P.s I agree with you against vista and windows 8.. but windows 10 is actually good :p

10. Shattered

Shattered pinnacle of mediocrity VIP

There might be some problems with the spawn area. I mean everyone is stuck in there for around 30 seconds into the round, a T would be able to clear out a large amount of people using a death station or a jihad, and there aren't many places to run to. Another problem is the fun rounds, it will be a mess in a hidden or team death match fun round, there isn't anywhere to spread out for one in the chamber or harpoon wars and Gun game would just be a mess like Innocent motel. It would be better to just have the doors open instead of having to wait.

11. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

Community pool has a similar situation with the spawn points, you risk jihading your t buddies so no one does it.

12. Shattered

Shattered pinnacle of mediocrity VIP

Not exactly, players are able to leave the spawn area as soon as they spawn, they aren't kept in a fixed area at the start of the round.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. when will the map be finished?

14. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

I'm not entirely sure.

Right now all I have left to do is revamp the look of it. I posted a thread on Facepunch and some of the people there said that I need to rework the lighting and the aesthetic detail of it. After that I'm going to do away with the blast door at the beginning and make it so everyone can leave the starting area from the get-go.

15. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I am not good at designing maps but I got to say, this is pretty good. If I had one criticism it would probably be the obvious lack of filler props like barrels and crates. Kind of makes it feel a bit empty. I still love the map and can't wait to download and play with it once it is done.

:D

16. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I don't know if someone has mentioned it but even if you are healing the innocents for 100hp a second they will still damage each other, meaning they will lose karma and will show up as RDM in the logs.
    Adding some barrels/boxes and crates should help fill up the map. I know Magma does this perfectly making the map seem filled with stuff.

• Like Like x 1