6 Days for 3 rd rdm over a 7-8 hour session - Altair

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by MrExplainNow, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrExplainNow

MrExplainNow New Member

Your In Game Nickname: Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
    Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41789749

Why should you be unbanned: That is a pathetically long time for that many rdm's in 8 frickin hours.
    Evidence of innocence:

2. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I'm sorry but that's how it works, any RDMs during the same day can be factored into punishment.

Although the punishment for 3rd offense RDM is 1 day, not 6. We'll see about getting that fixed.

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

If you have been banned for this offense once before you would be banned for a longer period. The Staff Member who banned you will respond shortly.

4. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

I witnessed you RDM 2 people within 5 minutes.

5. Zikeji

He's been banned for RDM and leave before which is a different punishment that stacks differently. He hasn't been banned for 3rd offense RDM yet.

Maybe he was banned for 4+ RDM?

6. Cupcake Mayhem

Cupcake Mayhem Uncuffed VIP

You attempted to RDM many people with your crowbar and killed one because he did not have a gun, considering the way you responded to the report on you and the times I slayed you you will not be unbanned by me.

7. DocFox

That's what I was thinking.

8. Zikeji

Please clarify what the ban was for. If you're counting hitting people as mass RDM and consequently a 4+ RDM ban, that would be nice to know.

Also, which map + round was this on?

9. MrExplainNow

MrExplainNow New Member

Even if I did RDM 2 people within "5 minutes", that is still far over what I should be getting. I was under the impression, and still am, that that rule is per map, not per day.

10. MckeonHitman

MckeonHitman Serious Member

Yeh its a general rule of thumb, but it is as long as the mod feels is appropiate.

11. Cupcake Mayhem

No the rule is not per map, it was over two maps assult and community bowling.

12. MrExplainNow

MrExplainNow New Member

Hell, 6 days is STILL over the "Mass RDM" ban time.

13. Zikeji

Unfortunately it is per day Altair.

Mckeon, the rules page stipulates: "Punishments are subject to change under an admin's discretion."

Which means that only admins are allowed to punish outside of the protocol, not mods. If mods could, it would say staff.

MrExplainNow the ban is for 5 days according to the bans page.

14. DocFox

MrExplainNow, if you RDM'd two people on one map and RDM'd two on another part it would warrant a 5 day ban. Players do not get a clean slate with each map change.

15. MckeonHitman

MckeonHitman Serious Member

Lol i was always told within an hour by everybody but whatever

16. Cupcake Mayhem

You will not be unbanned you are welcome to go onto our west server while you wait, topic will be locked you will not be unbanned.

17. Zikeji

Unlocked to follow up - I put due research into OP's case, and these are my findings:
    While OP RDM'd enough for a 5 day ban, he never received the punishment to add up to a 5 day ban. From what I could tell, he received three slays total. He randomly damaged users for multiple rounds but wasn't punished, was possibly warned though.

On the last round of bowling it appears that he felt Busker had tried to crowbar him(according to the shot log, Busker crowbarred first) and crowbarred Buscker to death. And then, was apparently banned for 5 days for this.

I don't know whether or not he was in the wrong there, but this ban should be shortened to a 1 day ban. Cupcake Mayhem stepped out of line and didn't follow appropriate server protocol.

18. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

This ban will be reduced to 24 hours as Cupcake did not follow the server protocol in punishing this player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.