- Last Activity:
- Dec 9, 2016
- May 24, 2016
- Trophy Points:
- Positive ratings received:
- Neutral ratings received:
- Negative ratings received:
Regular Member, Male, from Germany
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. [Buddha] Jul 10, 2016
- Captain Obvious was last seen:
- Dec 9, 2016
you are gay ... Pleb
Signatureif you are not into Meditation or spiritual stuff, you may not truely understand these quotes ...
- "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
- "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
- "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."
- "You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection. "
- "There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting."
- "You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger."
- "To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear."
- "Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."
- "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell."
- "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."
- "Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace."
- "He who gives away shall have real gain. He who subdues himself shall be free; he shall cease to be a slave of passions. The righteous man casts off evil, and by rooting out lust, bitterness, and illusion do we reach Nirvana."
- "Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without."
- "The foolish man conceives the idea of 'self.' The wise man sees there is no ground on which to build the idea of 'self;' thus, he has a right conception of the world and well concludes that all compounds amassed by sorrow will be dissolved again, but the truth will remain."
- "In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves."
- "Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace."