Video games in college/ university

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Peter Parker, Jan 6, 2017.

1. I'm off to college after this semester and I'm wondering if it's worth it bringing my desktop pc to college? Will I have enough time to play?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

If school isnt really your strong suit, then no, it will probably just end up distracting you. But if you think you don't need a lot of time to study then go right ahead although you won't be going to any parties if you stay on your computer :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rhienor

Rhienor Integrity VIP

I would take it, even if you keep it in the cupboard for the entire time. It's nice to have the opportunity to be able to play :)

4. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

Really depends on the person, as well as the major. I have some friends who ace their classes with very little studying (keep in mind these are first year/early second year classes, which in many cases are easier than what you'll run into later on), so they have plenty of time to play video games. I also have other friends that had to put aside video games to focus on studying, because that's just what they had to do to be successful. Some majors and some universities are much more rigorous than others, so it's hard to give an accurate answer without first experiencing the workload. If you have to decide between taking it or not, generally, you'll probably have to dedicate more time studying in college than you did in high school, so if you're already spending quite a bit of time studying in high school, you likely will not have much time to play video games. Ultimately, it really depends on how you learn and what you're learning, so if you know that you'll have room to keep your PC somewhere, and it won't take away from anything else, I'd suggest just bringing it with you and determining whether you can play after experiencing the rigor for yourself.

5. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

It depends on the person actually, if you're bound to go insane with all study and no play (and you're not the socializing/adventure type) you might need it. Also if it won't drastically affect your grades, why not.

6. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

You can use a computer for more than video games I think