Dev ttt_switchblade (FINAL RELEASE) (WORKSHOP LINK INCLUDED)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Pacifist, May 28, 2016.

1. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

---TTT_SWITCHBLADE---
    ----
    Description:
    ttt_switchblade is a project I started recently. The plan is to make a map centered around a beaten up slum area with broken down tunnels, cars strewn across the place and buildings that have been shutdown. Within this map there are a few spots that show the beauty if this once pretty city, but for the most part, you will be wading through filth. It is a night map

Features (Current):

- Ammo Room
    -Traitor Room
    - Sewer System (Water coming soon)
    - A park area
    - explosive turtles
    - Tunnel system
    - 3 traitor traps

Misc. Info:
    4 doors
    3 ladders
    1 turtle
    3 dumpsters
    5 broken cars
    8 barrels
    1 traitor room
    1 Sewer system

Download
    --Place the file you get in either your Half Life 2 bin folder in your steam apps or your garrysmod bin folder
    if you don't have half life 2. If you choose to download a different version, make sure you delete your .bsp file
    before placing a different map in place of that. If you need any help, just start a conversation with me here.
    --

Screenshots

Notes
    *I know that the map looks kind of bright, this is because I haven't started the lighting, and the default source lighting is so ugly looking. It wont be like this for long. :)

*Criticisms are great! Please keep them constructive, I can't use "This looks like shit"

*So the images look bad because I took them on low qaulity so that my gmod didn't crash (Hard to run hammer and gmod at the same time). I can assure you that the map looks better.

*I am doing lighting now, room by room fml

*Time to light up and add the tester to the tester room!

*Released! If you want the map's VMF file, you can have it! Just message me and I'll send you the link!

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Mason

Mason VIP Silver

Looks kinda like datmap, although all the screenshots just looked like tight corridors with little variety.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pacifist

It will eventually be a night map, Like stated if you read what I put above. I just haven't gotten around to lighting. Also, there are places you can get to that are higher up, and for the most part it isn't JUST corridors.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Looks good so far, haven't had a chance to test it out to give my thoughts as it's been a long day and I am tired i'll check it out tommorow! (y)

5. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Hey uh, maybe get a different sky. The map theme does not go with the single-colored blue sky. It looks like it is night time, yet wtf lighting. I know you said the lighting is off, but is it going to be lit or dark, how will the sky reflect the setting? it really confuses me.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pacifist

What you are seeing there is the default half life 2 lighting, which is a 100% trash. Like it looks like absolute shit because it is basically just emitting light from every brush and prop. Here is a screenshot I just recently took with the custom lighting I setup. The sky is because this map IS a night map.[​IMG]
    *Not a final product, Just what I happened to take a second ago.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Okay thanks. That reflects on the setting, and goes with the theme. :)

8. Pacifist

Ammo room lighting (added to screenshots):
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pacifist

The Park Overlook + more lighting screenshots: (Album Click here)
    [​IMG]

---Introducing the Lighting Demonstration---
    Download

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pacifist

---FINAL RELEASE---
    Download (SteamWorkshop)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

I played this map on my server with a few bot and real people. It played like bowling and pool, a medium map with a t room and tester. This map is well designed and fun to play on. There are 2 things I would change: The T door is a bit clucky on the way it opens and nerf the amo room slightly because there are too many weps and amo in there. Overall It was a great map that is fun to play on and if it was on serious ttt it would do well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pacifist

Thanks man! The reason I made the ammo room so op was for two reasons:
    1. Makes it so players have to go in there if they want guns and that helps for the traitor trap in the T room.
    2. I always hate playing on maps that have little to no guns and ammo.

Thanks anyways man! Glad to hear you liked it! :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. News Network

News Network broken VIP

This looks really nice. I'd actually like to see it on STTT servers! good job man

• Like Like x 1
  14. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

I see what your getting at with the amo room. The two things i said i didnt like are more pet peeves then real flaws. Overall the map is on point and i would like it if the map would be placed on other servers than my server.

15. Ruby

Ruby Turn your wounds into wisdom VIP Silver Emerald

I'm going to download and take a look at this, so far it looks lit

16. Ruby

As this map is a great idea and has a lot of potential, it feels a bit basic. As it was sorta like this is a hallway and another hallway attached to another hallway. I will not give this a down vote as i think you can work on it a bit more and make it a bit better. This is a great start to map building but it is not just at the level sgmod requires yet.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Pacifist

Oh, so chaser isn't basic? I made this map the way I wanted to make it man, I spent hours on each lighting shot to make sure that the map spoke to me. Calling it basic is a straight up slap to the face, but alright. I'll accept your comment. This isn't my first map friend, just saying that, and this map changed a lot within its development. Just look at the screenshot album.

Ruby, I am sorry I can't change that as that is the basis of the map and the design.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  18. Linux

Linux VIP

Trojan Detected???

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Pacifist

you've discovered the master plan

20. Ruby

The difference between chaser and this map is that chaser has shortcuts and different ways to go if you are being chased. But on this map if you are being chased it is basically just 1 big path of rooms connected on each other. No shortcuts or secret ways to lose the traitor.