Trouble in Terrorist Town Round Time Adjustments

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by kingsaib0t, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Trouble in Terrorist Town round times need to be significantly decreased to maybe 3-4 minutes, and the amount of rounds should be changed to 8.

Reason: 9-10 minutes is way too long for one round in a game that doesn't even have rounds drag on like this all the time.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

Mate, that is wayy too short of a time for a round. Just sayin.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Not really.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. MythMe

MythMe VIP

Maybe 6 min.? 10 min. is too long and usually people delay

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

No and nope -1
    We have staff team to deal with the delay

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
  6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Time doesn't really increase if traitors delay. You know, since time goes up per innocent kill.

I've had my time run out with no delaying before. I had all of my t buddies wiped out due to slays or just being bad. So, it being left up to me, I had to be meticulous and kill people one by one. This meant that, even though I didn't delay, I couldn't feed the clock as fast as if I had more teammates.

Sometimes it might be your playstyle. Think about my bad traitor buddies that died at the start of a round; or even if they got rdm'd at the start. They have to wait for potentially a while, but just because they were bad and died early doesn't mean I should get punished.

Times are fine. -1

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  7. 10 minutes for a traitor to just end up jihading, is that really fun gameplay? People rarely win because they had 10 minutes to kill all the innocents, they almost always give up and jihad, so it's pointless to even have that as a punishment for "bad traitor buddies".

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

Traitors start the round with 5 minutes on the clock, increasing by a small amount whenever they kill an innocent player. This system is designed to help prevent rounds from lasting longer than they have to due to traitors just not doing their job. You have to consider the systems in place before blindly suggesting to make such extreme changes to the round timer. I do not think rounds lasting 10 minutes are that big of a deal, as they rarely happen and can be easily ended by calling for a staff member.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Rounds last longer than they have to regardless if traitors are doing their job or not. I shouldn't have to wait 10 minutes because the last traitor is delaying, that makes no sense.

How is it a good system if it rewards the last few traitors with some time to delay?

10. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

You have to consider that mapsize, traitor skill and innocent skill all factor into round times. On a bigger map like 67thway you tend to see more delaying than on other maps, but on a map like clue where everyone is closer together the delay almost doesn't exist. Matter of fact, I am a huge advocate of letting the round play out. Decreasing the round time wont help anything besides give innocents a better advantage, and let's be honest....

Innocents are overpowered

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Kind of tickles me that you play a video game to pass time and on the same hand treat it like the wasting of said time is an inconvenience to you, even though you go in to the game knowing what it entails better than just about anyone else. If ten minutes is killing you this badly, maybe expand to a different game mode? Some traitors are berserk and fast, others are slow and methodical, and some are just people learning the game. Don't be a goofball and expect the game to be so heavily tailored to your personal preferences.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

This seems to be less of a problem with the amount of time a round takes and more of a problem with Traitors who delay, which is against the rules in itself

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Agreed. But definitely not with lowering the time that much. The starting time is fine. Perhaps add less time per kill.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  14. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

The time on the rounds is perfect as they are right now.
    A bit -1 from me on this one

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Alright, I understand.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Just find the people who downvote your thread, in game. Always head shot them at the beginning of the round and then take your time finishing the rest of the server off. Wait a few days, they'll come back and change their vote.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

There is a reason for haste mode in the first place
    Traitors are given 4 minute to create havoc as much as they can.
    with the remainder of 30 second per kills (either from T/D or I ) the timer increases.
    So overall time are always based on how many people are there in the server. normally it takes about 30 second for 1 head so it's fine at this current setting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

Verified summed it up perfectly.

I do understand the frustration you may be having because of traitors delaying, situations such as this are influenced by players that are novice to the game and not capable to perform their role efficiently.
    As such, staff are responsible to step in and handle cases like this.

Manipulating the round time would less likely to bring an ideal impact to this issue.

Nonetheless, thank you for the suggestion.
    No suggestions are bad.

Suggestion section is meant to bring up healthy discussion and conclude it.

• Winner Winner x 3