The trick to avoiding Karma bans on Vanilla

Discussion in 'Vanilla Discussion' started by Noctorious, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Now that the mods are cracking down on excessive karma bans I thought I'd share a few things I learned about how to avoid getting karma banned on our wonderful Vanilla server.

1) Check your Karma at the beginning of every inno round.
    If your karma is 1000 great, kill people for T acts.
    If your karma is under 900, let a few things slide, don't shoot into the middle of that gunfight until after the bodies are IDed. Don't immediately kill that guy for walking past an unIDed. Avoid getting in the middle of RDM trains.
    If your karma is under 800, be extra cautious with your gun. Only shoot when shot at. Call out KOSes instead of shooting people. If you kill an inno for T-baiting, use the kill command to save what is left of your karma.
    If your karma is under 700, Don't shoot pretty much at all. If you do a T act or accidently do a T act, just suicide so that other innos won't get into a gunfight with you. If you choose to live, KOSes are your best friend and trust others to follow it, but remember if an inno is killed by your KOS that innos might try to kill you so the kill command may be your best option.

2) Use the TAB key to select who is proven and put them as friendly
    Often you see innos kill eachother because a D or multiple people has called someone out as inno and they decide to walk around with a T weapon. You forget this guy with a T weapon is proven and BLAM there goes your karma. Marking him as friendly will help avoid that situation as when you got to shoot him it will say friendly under his name, reminding you that he is proven.

3) Watch the chat often and watch who turns up dead
    Watch the chat for the KOSes, but also for people calling off KOSes. You can mark in the TAB menu as "kill" people who are KOSed but make sure to take note of the person who called the KOS as "suspicious" or just remember them so that if the person calling KOSes dies and is a T you don't kill the KOS they called and instead go back into your TAB menu and put them as friendly as they are now proven.

4) Check how many rounds are left before map change
    This has 2 reasons: first, you can choose to be cautious through the first rounds until close to the map change so you don't have to worry about karma towards the end of the map. Second, you can decide to just sit out the last couple rounds if your karma is low and join back in after the map change.

5) Don't T-bait
    Do I really need to explain this? Doing traitorous acts as an inno will not only lower your karma by causing a gunfight, but the karma of the other players as well especially if it causes an RDM train. As a courtesy sometimes, if I find myself in an RDM train and I had just killed an inno, I use the "kill" command so that the train stops with me saving the rest of the server's karma and keeping me from losing karma via gun fights with innos who now have a reason to kill me.

Okay, that's it for my tricks so far. Feel free to add or comment. :D

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. or you could just not play vanilla.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Vanilla is best for those of us who don't have strong machines. In the other servers it takes me a round and a half to load and a lot of things cause me to lag. This means that I lose 30% of my gameplay along with the potential to lag-RDM. That's why I play vanilla unless the other severs are barely populated

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. qsawz

qsawz VIP

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Or you could just not be stupid and use the power of LOGIC

Thats literally nothing, @drunk dog

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Not getting karma banned excessively is easy. Just don't have this attitude.

"Oh, you prop damaged me for 1dmg? *BLASTS FACE WITH AK*"

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mr Butters

"Half the server is entering tower T room, guess they must all be T's *Blast more faces*"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. qsawz

qsawz VIP

no you burn them xD

9. HoneySenpai<3

HoneySenpai<3 VIP Silver

I'm also one karma ban away from a 5 day global ban so ive changed the way I play. 1. I don't go in t room unless im d and I only kill people who either shoot at me first or come in through front door. 2. I don't kill t baiters anymore. 3. I only kill if ik they either A. shot me or B. pulled a t weapon out and I don't know theyre proven that's the easy part though I've been karma banned multiple times due to rdmers. so I usually don't go on till a mods on or not a populated server.

10. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

"You advertise yourself as the "King of Karma Bans" and brag about it at any chance you get." - disruptionz

"i just got karma banned" - you when you had just regularly left the server, without a karma ban

"i'm not bragging" "i'm the king of karma bans"

11. qsawz

qsawz VIP

It varies, and we do not hand these kind of bans out often. -disruptionz

12. Oh look, more bragging. I think that's bragging. Just a little bit of bragging, not much bragging.

13. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

From a guy who has 170 hours on Vanilla. I only got karma banned once. I follow koses and all that. If you got low karma use your suicide bind.
    Edit. Play on the modded servers. My karma never reaches 800 on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Karma bans are easy to avoid. Just don't be the type of person who overstretches the traitorous acts on every single detail of a player's actions or you can just stay in spectator mode when your karma is getting very low.

15. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

As someone with 330+ Hrs on Vanilla and no karma bans and am bad as hell, the only information that I can give to you to prevent being karma banned is to not be an over assuming player and not kill literally everyone and to sometimes just openly accept death and enjoy the glory that is Vanilla. The closest I got to a karma ban was about 735 karma a few days ago. Seriously, not that hard. If you have a true issue avoiding karma bans, it is either because you give 0 fucks and enjoy karma bans or you are just bad at the game. Yes. Either of these two. Come @ me.

16. Mr Butters

Guys please for the love of god just abandon thread.
    Like so:
    [​IMG]

17. I have maybe 2-3 karma bans in my 1400+ hrs, honestly I find it hard to be karma banned unless you constantly spray people down for t baiting all the time. If that's the case it's not hard to fix just chill and use your brain to distinguish the difference between a t baiter and an actual T.

This is the amazing secret of TTT that I will share with you guys
    Ts Do NOT T bait!

Very shocking I know and that's your almighty problem solver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Exit: Window.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

I'll just stay away from this thread.

[​IMG]

20. Lol that's just a bad player, that's different.