Suggest longer chat timer?

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by FurryKats, Jun 6, 2014.

?

Should we extend the chat timer?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. I am stupid :P

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

So I've thought some, the chat timer doesn't do much but limit people from talking to one another and making conversation whilst they play TTT. I noticed for myself that most people talk a lot and they like to talk to each other and keep comm's with one another so they can tell if they are dead or not. We have some new players who come in and leave because they notice the chat timer and get annoyed because:
    1. They like to talk.
    2. They see no use since there are mods there and able to gag mic spammers.
    3. It handicaps people who like to talk and hold conversations with one another.

Simply for me I can vouch for one, which you all should know which one that is... "2" reason why I vouch for 2 is because most Serious TTT servers HARDLY ever have no mods, and in that time no one mic spams, maybe if it's on West likely, but East hardly ever.

So I made this post on question, do we really need a chat time if mods and admins are always on and watching and keeping bad things from happening, punishing rule breakers and such. Since they are always on, and they watch, why not allow these Serious TTT players who are always on and having a "Serious" time why not remove it so they can communicate without a handicap?

Ah well, no need to rant anymore xD
    I'll be on my way!

Shiro~

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

Oh and if anyone wants share the reason why you say no!!!

3. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

4. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

Lego, but what if people don't have the money or don't want to because they might expect themselves to get banned and be a waste of money (lol, but it's true)?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

If you want a longer chat timer, here's a simple solution: donate to the servers. Then you can get a longer mic battery. Problem solved.

6. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

Donators get more mic battery. I like the amount we have now and you're only limited when actually playing the game and not as spec anyway.

The only time I run out of mic battery is defending myself from being kos'd.

7. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The current Mic limit is fine, it's used to give you enough time to KOS and repeat, if you are using it all up, you're probably talking too much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FurryKats

FurryKats VIP

But you see like I said above, maybe they don't want to spend the money, and those who already have donated don't have a chat time???
    I mean WHO the hell is it hurting doing this?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The people who like to mic spam and maybe we don't want to hear peoples annoying voices for that long?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Then if you're not willing to donate, then you stop complaining about the mic battery. You get what you get. If you donate, then you get more benefits. End of story.

11. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

The server.

Extended mic battery is an incentive to donate, and I've seen people donate specifically for extended mic battery on many occasions. Extending the duration even longer may discourage some people from donating, as it isn't as exclusive as it once was.

When you're playing the game, it's perfectly fine to talk about other things, but limited mic time allows for the majority of talk to be kept on topic of the game we're playing, and prevents mic spam for those who come with malicious intent.
    You also get unlimited mic time after you've died, if you'd like to carry out a long conversation, do it then.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. KingAngel

KingAngel The 50 year old 13 year old VIP

I think it's fine just the way it is, also helps with spammers :p

13. Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks Active Member

The battery is in a good spot and the regen time isn't all that bad. Unless you like talking and talking without pause, it shouldn't hinder your overall experience. And it really does, donate.