Spray Paint Gun

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Will-e, Sep 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Will-e

Will-e VIP

I was trying to suggest a few more upgrades to the crowbar so it could attack faster for drawing, but multiple issues were brought up with shot logs and the minigun crowbar just feeling silly.

I still vote there would be a lot more creativity (not just art, but even just silly suggestions from paint) on the server if some way to draw/write was made available.

So, I went and looked for a spray paint gun addon, then spent a couple hours modifying it until it worked with TTT and didn't crash things. I had to:
    - Change the language
    - Change the base weapon
    - Change the model flip
    - Remove reload and ammo
    - This ended up causing a crash at first because I accidentally commented out the entity effectdata net.send so the server overloaded with entities
    - Remove damage (funny enough it was actually doing explicit damage so I was killing bots pre-round)
    - Had to change the world model to the same SMG it uses in the viewmodel
    - Changed the drawing speed since there was a .35 second delay on putting down decals after paint effect (was making drawing incredibly frustrating)
    x Tried to add new colors, but that apparently requires custom vtfs and I'm too lazy for that unless it was given a maybe (then we could make it black, white, gray, so it's not terribly colorful)
    x It needs an icon if it was like a VIP loadout weapon

Honestly, if it just replaces your AK47 or what have you (slot 3), not that many people will equip it unless they have a plan. It's silly, but it has limits on how much can be drawn anyways because of decal limitations on objects, parts of maps, and the map as a whole.
    But just the idea of having the power to write words or draw pictures to get attention or to trick people makes me incredibly excited. The pen is mightier than the sword, so I guess a paint gun is mightier than a gun gun (#solidLogic).

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Neat idea, At first I thought this would be like a T weapon, but a joke weapon. Ok.

3. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

Those penis drawings will never be the same.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. could be an elite weapon

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Will-e

Will-e VIP

Was thinking the same thing, but depends on what being elite even is.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. That's genius! +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

Definitely +1

8. Will-e

Will-e VIP

You voted disagree ; - ; But my point was depending on if Elite is just donating more than VIP+ or is like an actually interesting group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NeverEnding

I have a feeling that Elite is going to be $20 per month.
    But yeah, I have that feeling.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. IcE.Cream

IcE.Cream VIP Bronze

+1 its a fun weapon, might not have any purpose, but It would make some interesting art

11. Kawaii

Kawaii Paper Towns

Sure why not, more ways for immature brats to draw Penises or Swastikas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. NeverEnding

wait did I really vote disagree?

13. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Fuck yeah.

14. prochaos

prochaos VIP

ooo GIMME GIMME GIMME (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)