So, anyone have a Rust life?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by HandsOfJustice, Feb 17, 2014.

1. HandsOfJustice

HandsOfJustice The Harpoon Prince VIP

I was thinking, 'since we've been having some community playdates, why not Rust'? Rust is a great game, and I KNOW a lot of us have it. I've been playing on a server, with our own Nero, and a couple of friends I have made on a great server. So what do you think, Serious' Community? Shall we have a Rust playdate? I know how Shades was doing L4D2 on Friday, so how 'bout Saturday? List possible times below so I can find a good time to play. Thanks guys!

Bob Dolan

2. Snak

Snak Banned

Yes! Add me on steam Bob, I play ALOT of Rust!

3. HandsOfJustice

<3

4. opouly

opouly Regular Member

i had a server but the game gets very boring and repetitive

5. HandsOfJustice

You probly overplayed it. :/

6. opouly

opouly Regular Member

ummm 50 some od hours? once u play dayz its like "my first dayz" so little 2 do such a small practical playing area over all its just meh

7. Snak

Snak Banned

I have 240 hrs total and I'm still loving it. You just have to find the right server with decent player population and admins. It's so much fun building and taking from others!

8. HandsOfJustice

^^ See? Snak's got the right idea, get the right friends and break into other peoples houses is loads of fun. i.e. I robbed these guys who killed me at first and got TONS of shit. Tried to rob me and the guy who helped me; they never screwed with us again! Snak, Nero an I will have to get you in on this.

9. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

I have some serious performance issues with it. I hear im not the only one, its s a shame since I watched gameplays and it seems amazing.

10. HandsOfJustice

Just lower your resolution and possibly the details of textures and graphics. Doesn't look very good, but runs very smoothly.

11. ComPeter

ComPeter VIP

I still get low fps on the lowest settings.

12. HandsOfJustice

Then your computer is not that great... Sorry. :(

13. opouly

opouly Regular Member

well as i ran a server with a 20+ pop i think i got that expierence it got boring realitively quick tho

14. Snak

Snak Banned

I play on a server that has 80-100 people constantly, it would be extremely boring with a small population. And anyone with preformance issues, I have probably the worst computer then anyone else here, If you wan't a guide on how to run it extremely well here you go:

If your having lag, type these into console

grass.forceredraw False
    grass.displacement False
    grass.disp_trail_seconds 0
    grass.shadowcast False
    grass.shadowreceive False
    gfx.ssaa False
    gfx.bloom False
    gfx.grain False
    gfx.ssao False
    gfx.shafts False
    gfx.tonemap False
    render.level 0.1
    shadows.on false

Have fun playing rust...

15. opouly

opouly Regular Member

even 80-100 i cant see it being more entertaining

16. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

Same and my computer is good enough to run many more intensive games. Ill try what snak said.

17. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Snak, this helped me a lot. Thanks a bunch :)

18. Slippery

Slippery VIP

Starting up a rust server soon, let me know if anyone is interested in coding and staffing.

19. Im probably buying rust

20. I bought it....It always crashes and WHEN I GET LOOT LIKE SHOTGUNS AND AMMO AND ARMOR AND FOOD AND PICKAXE I GET KILLED BY A GUY WITH A SNIPER :(