Serious Rust Server

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Joepicklebob, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Joepicklebob

Joepicklebob #Vodka4All VIP

I got into rust not to long ago and just love the game so MUCH! Its a challenge for some people because of other players. But i got right into and love how the game is set up even tho being in alpha. Being that Serious already built a big hype on Garry mod i think a lot of people would love to play on a Serious rust server. Ik most of the money made to run the TTT servers is from VIP. There are multiple ways to still have a VIP system on rust. The only issue is having hackers so most server are dead becuase there are no admins. So i think you could make a server that would attract alot of people because of getting admins.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chii

Chii Seriously a Baka VIP

Oh god rust?
    better get my bow ready

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Joepicklebob

LOL! the rock is a much better weapon :p killed some guy who had a pistol with it

4. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

If I had Rust, I might decide to play. But I don't because I'm a PAF university student. :(

5. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

I'm confident we'd get a Day Z server long before we get a Rust one.

6. Snak

Snak Banned

I'd love this idea, if Highwon could code his own server program (similiar to oxmin or frostgaming) he could make serious cash off of it. I know server owners that are getting 500$+ a month from donations for packages in-game if the server is good enough to play on.

7. Joepicklebob

Yeah Day-Z is another good game to start. I just heard Day-z isn't all that great yet. Cause there are still a lot of hackers and you cant store anything so didn't seem that fun to me. Id be sure to get day Z if we had a server for it though lol.

8. Chii

i'd gift you rust if we got a server guilty :3

9. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

If either a Day Z server or a Rust server is made, then I'm in!

10. Please rust, I want to make a squad of banditos and survivizzlez the apocalypse.

11. gonna join when theres a server +1

12. Peter

Peter VIP

Rust servers are very expensive and even communities with tons of players still struggle to get a steady minimum of 10 players on, just due to the fact they're so many servers.

13. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

Difference being is. We aren't just a community we are a family, if we had a Rust or DayZ server those of us who had that game and were able to play it would.

14. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I own rust.. I don't want to buy DayZ because to me it isn't fun.

It would be cool... But it is coded in C# So I hope highwon knows that. I know that Something like Rust++ uses lua to code commands into rust...

15. Snak

Snak Banned

the game itself is coded in C#, server owner's don't touch that code that's strickly game developers. Plugin's aren't that hard too do as there on the internet and even a simpleton as myself could install a few plugins.

16. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Yes.. But to MAKE plugins/custom coded plugins.. You would to know C#

17. Chii

Not to mention Rust is in its alpha stages. which means there are tons of bugs and issues that will pop up.
    And the game has ALOT of hackers that would need to be dealt with.
    And at most how many people would be playing rust at one time? maybe 10-15? Its probably not worth it.Dont get me wrong I still would love to see a rust server, But im trying to see it from another point of view.

18. Joepicklebob

since its been in Alpha the games runs pretty well even tho they have spent the last month fixing the coding and should be releasing that soon. Besides the Official servers some servers have 75 during the day and 25 during the night. Since we already have a big fan base it could grow fast at the start and gain more people that way. Yes there are a lot of hackers, but if we have enough admins to cover throughout the day which we can. It will be easy to keep them in check unlike other servers which is the reason they are all dead. In the end will make the server more popular.

Some small things to add can also change the server gaining people. Like having airdrop every 15 people that are on. When the server grows make it 30 or more depending on the number at night. A big thing for servers is wiping the server clean and making people restart because of the extra left over buildings. Buildings decay and some admins hate waiting. Not wiping a server is a big thing for some people. Once this coding update comes out and if the small details are figured out this server could easily be #1 because of the community we already have.

Also for DayZ, i have no idea how well the game works for making a server but i assume is almost the same cause of the hacking on that game.

19. I agree with Joepicklebob, also in turn it would be making the servers on gmod grow too because most the people I play rust with say that they got it because it was made from garry and they loved gmod.

Dayz is a different story I have two different squads and both of them only play on the US servers that are there by default because the run better and are more secure that the ones that are owned by individuals. We also only play one the default servers because when you play on the other servers then it often glitches and none of or characters save so we have to start new ...

20. Chii

It could work but were are we going to get the admin power to have them staff Rust and TTT?