Remove the double barrel

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by LOGAN109, Apr 13, 2015.

?

Remove the double barrel shotgun

1. Yeah, I hate being one-shot

44.0%
  2. No, I like one-shotting

56.0%
  1. LOGAN109

LOGAN109 VIP

I don't think I've ever played a few rounds of TTT without hearing someone(myself not included) complain about this gun. It's extremely annoying to be killed by, T or inno alike. A gun that can one-shot from a pretty decent range without having to aim anywhere near the head is a bit absurd and creates a frustrating experience. The cons of being a one-trick pony due to the long reload time and uselessness against a crowd of people don't outweigh the ability to die without reaction with ease. I. e. the DB is bad design and shouldn't be in TTT.

• Old Old x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Congratulations you have won the prize of being the 100th person to post remove the DB.

FYI - It isn't getting removed ever so like just don't stand next to people with DB's genius.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

Knife: 2 hit kill, you have to be next to the person (up to 5m if you're good at projectile weapons), T only weapon, one time use

DB: 1 hit kill, up to 5+ meters away (10+ if you know how to aim), available to everyone, up to 3 spawn per map, you need 2 secs to use it again, up to 12 uses per full ammo, unlimited uses as long as there's ammo.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  4. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

An original suggestion idea!

On a serious note, it's "slowly" being phased out. Give it time.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

Another solution would be to increase the spread of the pellets and decrease its one-shot range.

6. LOGAN109

LOGAN109 VIP

Regardless of the originality of the post, doesn't make sense to me why it's still in when I see so much hate for it from everyone, mods and random players alike. I guess as long as it's being phased out I'm happy.

7. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

It isn't being phased out, this is a quote from an ex lead admin.

It's not going anywhere, but soon, it will be a part of something bigger.

What ? we dont know. When? we dont know.

@Sinz

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I ragequit a server because of you logan

9. fateburn

fateburn 自分のためが VIP

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. Consider yourself cheated.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  11. Consider yourself cheated.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  12. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

First its not called a db it is a scrubble barrel :3 and if they miss good players kill them so quick and just imagine db used to be in the loadout so it was worse back then

13. BigBoyMansion

BigBoyMansion Banned

consider yourself cheated

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  14. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

No, seriously this guy has a point, we've been waiting forever for this to happen.

And theres is no good reason why its still in the game.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

I didn't choose the thuglife, the thuglife chose me

I'm here for the giveaway

16. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

You're goddamn right.

Whenever Highwon finds time, the double-barrel will be a part of something unprecedented on our servers.

;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. WayofTime

WayofTime VIP

... Double-Barrel Wars?

18. Rage

Rage Banned

Can't people just check before they post? It's getting painfully annoying.

19. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

Did anyone even read this :/ I mean it just shows how op the db is. Even if you upgrade the knife it's still more op. I mean if you're alone with someone it doesn't matter if its silent or roaring loud, and when you're in a crowd you either get spotted (knife) or get heard (scrubble barrel). It's reausable as fuck and practically has infinite uses as long as you have ammo.

20. Carned does have a point. We were promised that the DB will be removed, but now we will have it forever. DB requires no skill. 1 shot is a kill, like Carned said there is no real reason for it to be in game still. This "bigger" thing, I will believe it when I see it. It boggles the mind how we worry about balancing new weapons, but an unbalanced weapon that was PROMISED and overall VOTED OUT by the community, is still here. Seriously, if you have a legitimate explaination why you won't remove it, tell us @Highwon