Removal of Map Lazertag

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Peanut_Trader, Jul 8, 2016.

?

Would you like to see this map removed?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. no

36 vote(s)
    65.5%
  1. Peanut_Trader

Peanut_Trader New Member

This map has low visibility, Is poorly deisgned for TTT purposes, and doesn't provide anything exciting. The last couple of times I've personally played on the map ( wether selected by random or not), people type !hop or !rtv.

Sorry If this post is against the rules, the suggestion rules seemed to be only for adding things, not removing. I don't believe I'm the only one who doesn't enjoy this map, so please take this suggestion of removal.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 6
  2. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

@Chastity4lyfe had an issue with the server crashing after a grenade was thrown, perhaps she could elaborate.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

no dude i love this map
    screw you guys

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

I love the map for that exact reason. I agree it could use more guns but the map itself is fun. We have no dark maps aside from amsterville. Even then that map is just night but not really dark. It's fun in my opinion. I like being able to shoot someone and they have no clue where it even came from. It makes me feel sneaky and I would not want this to be removed so huge -1 to that

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Asty

Asty Gotta live life VIP

Love this map and I never want to see it removed, even though its dark its so much fun.

Please never remove this map

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

I will also advocate to keep this map in rotation. As mentioned by @Machinekiller00 , this map is great due to its limited lighting and overall hectic map design. It allows for either covert stealth or absolute madness. After attempting to replicate the conditions of crashing the map , I could not find any way in which throwing a grenade would cause this aforementioned glitch. It would be a severe shame if this map was taken out of rotation.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. GunAndBomb

GunAndBomb Explosive VIP

I would not like to see this map removed but I would like to see more guns added.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

This map is my favourite map to play on because it is dark and confusing and twisty. It allows for mania and havoc but also allows for quiet hell to be brought down on innocents. It's so much fun hearing people screaming as their fellow friends die around them in the darkness and you have no idea where the shots came from and it's fun to just run around guns blazing.

All the other maps are too light and I just enjoy the whole atmosphere that this one brings so no thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

We honestly need more maps like it to be honest. Confusing, dark, and maze like maps are the best and actually force the innos to team up. Moar dark maps pls

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. News Network

News Network broken VIP

You'd love this map if you had the dark spiderman skin and a disguiser trust me!

Even as an innocent the map is still fun to play; stay in the light areas and observe and you'll quickly find the traitors.

So, that's a -1 from me, too great of a map to lose now.

11. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

I was playing with @J.T.Ripper and @BOX and many others on this map for my first time, and we had alot of comotion going on, and all of us (and I mean everyone on the server) got kicked out of the game and our gmods crashed. I'm not sure if it has to do with something we did in combination with the map, but it was really weird that it happened to all of us. No other issues with it besides that. Otherwise it was a great map.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

I really like this map, and it has a weird competitive vibe that other maps don't have. The only negative of the map is the lack of weapon spawns, but this is still a really small minus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RaYm0nD

RaYm0nD VIP Bronze

Highwon right now: (btw I think the map is great)

[​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

Actually I'm pretty sure highwon doesn't like this map lol . He said something like " I don't like dark maps".

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Gestapo

Gestapo VIP

racism im triggered

also BIG -1

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  16. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Look, here's the deal. I am going to +1 this suggestion... BUT I don't want this map removed. I think it is a cool design and even though it is minimalist it is still cool map to play on. I am saying +1 because I want the map to be re-armed. The guns on this map are scare and so is the ammo. of course this isn't a problem for anyone who donates, but for the average player this map is forcing players to buy guns with their own point shop money and I doubt that is very fair is it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+0.5 It definitely needs more weapons, more ammo, and truly a little bit more lighting. it is legit pitch black, to the point where turning of my monitor is nearly the same.I don't like the map personally, but it is such a hit with the rest of the community i think it needs to stay.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

Incoming dislike train.

That would mean the only way for innocents to have an advantage would be to restrict themselves to certain areas of the map.

See the thing is all the things people are saying they like about the map are all from the perspective of a Traitor. If you become an innocent what's the enjoyment in the map? 9/10 times you're just going to wander in darkness getting shot and have no clue who did it or where it came from.

From the traitor's perspective it may be fun but from an innocent's perspective there is nothing to do other than die, unless you happen to be looking in the direction you're getting shot from.

*insert any T-sided joke here*

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

Okay from the perspective of the Inno, you get to have the fun of hiding in a dark map. You need to think outside the box. Get up high and watch or hide behind corners, using one of the skins like cat woman and flash your light every so often to see if anyone is sneaking around. It's like a game of hide and seek for the innos and I find it so much fun. Your heart starts racing when you hear innos dying in the distance so you hide in the mazes and hope to god you don't get found before you get to higher ground and maybe try to pick out traitors with a rifle.

There isn't always darkness and this is where the use of the flashlight can be really useful at times. This map requires you to change your game play and think of new ways to survive and not get caught.

To further this. Innocents also have the upper hand when T's are just running around like mad without taking much care because they think the darkness will protect them. Get an inno hiding in a corner with a few friends, have a T that was just called out run past, and the innos have the upper hand on the ambush. This is a very, "you need to work as a team" orientated map and I love that about it also. T's really need to work together and so do the innos.

It's a fun map for both traitors and innocents in my opinion anyways and I don't want to see it go.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

Hmm true, a nice point I didn't think of, that can be fun, but based on how the map has gone since its been released which of the two styles is more prevalent?
    What do you see more of with players on this map? Innocents working together or players being frustrated from being shot in the dark?
    Working together is something that will help the innocents a lot but how often does that actually happen?
    I'm all for innos working together but to be in a position where not doing that most likely leads to my death is such a huge disadvantage.

There is a reason that maps that involve various forms of darkness are typically traitor traps with short durations.