Permanent removal of Double Barrel

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by HAWTjanitor1, Oct 8, 2014.

?

Should the double barrel stay?

1. Yes, keep the Double Barrel

47.4%
  2. No, Double Barrel is overpowered still

52.6%
  1. Lets face it, removing the db from pointshop and loadout has made db more overpowered. Having only one person with a double barrel makes that person unstopable up close. There is only two ways to fix this problem.

1. giving everyone access to the double barrel via pointshop/loadout
    or
    2. removing the double barrel completely.

removing the double barrel would be optimal since it would not completely remove the problem if it was given to everyone.

More people with double barrel= less op via more people can easily count your double barrel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. +10000000 fuck that gun

subsequently, i would like to propose a range nerf to the jackhammer. you shouldnt be able to 2shot someone from 1000 yards

3. daddy

daddy おじいちゃんファック VIP Bronze

The Double Barrel Shotgun will be removed in time, please be patient and search before posting.

4. Predated

Predated VIP

Hey Janitor! Thanks for posting the suggestion.

The first point you gave was already implemented before, but was removed as of July 7th.

The second one is impossible to do at a click of a button, as some community members will not agree with it. It all depends on the atmosphere of the community bro.

But thanks again.

5. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

Your point of a singular person having a DB over like half the server is more OP is just invalid and wrong. Once the DB was removed from the point shop i've rarely run into someone with one. The people that used the DB were mostly people that could not be bother enough to attempt to find one and/or any gun at all for this matter they just used the point shop and TA-DA gun acquired. From what i've seen most people that run around and pick up weapons will drop the DB for a different gun to actually enjoy the game, I mean I know I do. So really if you're having problems with people having the 1-2 DB's on the map why not just try to stay away from them? I tend to never be near anyone unless it's absolutely needed, such as to get to the Health Station or ID a body.

6. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

So I should make a suggestion to remove the MP7 just because people can aim and gun down people easily and semi-silently? While the MP7 is rather devastating for most whom use it religiously, nobody really complains about it as much as the Double Barrel. You would have hated it to death if you were around a couple of months ago when it was still available via loadout and pointshop.

7. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

To be honest, I like the Double barrel where it is right now.
    It's not as common for me to get one shotted with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vorlass

Vorlass Steam Level Scrub VIP

While it is quite powerful, there are so few of them that it's pretty easy to find out who is killing people with it.

9. Han

Han       VIP

DB really isn't that overpowered. Yes, at close range it's incredibly powerful, but it's just a close range gun. Not many people use it, and it really doesn't screw up gameplay at all

so -1 for this idea.

10. PwnerOfThePeanut

PwnerOfThePeanut Serious Member

although this has been posted over 12 times, the db needs to burn in hell, i mean, it does 801 damage god damn! ( i checked the logs ) and highwon said 2 or 3 months ago, he was gonna remove it, yet its still here... and its so damn common on maps

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chubblebutt

Chubblebutt I'm Back.

+1 just because @Owned always has one and kills me.. Like he got on6/7 of the rounds on any map..

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Good thing you made this suggestion, because I don't think I've ever seen a suggestion for this.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Serious Lawyerbot

Serious Lawyerbot Supporter

Make a new rule prohibiting the talk of DB? Lets talk about TB!!!!!

14. ProCsDoge

ProCsDoge Member

Db is so OP, plz nerf Volvo