Nerfing the AK-47

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by RhazhBash, Jan 5, 2017.

1. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

As much as I like it when we can talk and argue about things to try to find a solution, I dont think this thread is headed anywhere and we should leave it to the higher ups to decide what happens, considering Opalium already said that there ARE changes happening.

2. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

This IS a downside, because this game is supposed to revolve around skill. What's the point of the game if everyone has the same skill level? The idea is that some are better than others. So if you nerf a weapon that promotes skill, where does skill come in?

3. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

The skill in TTT is from knowing who to stay near, luring innocents away from crowds, reading the people around you, etc. Not from how good you are at moving your mouse. Besides you don't need a gun where all the problems with it disappear after 6 maps of practice.

4. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

the headshot damage is just really stupid high
    i'd say nerf ROF or nerf headshot damage

5. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

The crazy high body shot damage is the biggest problem with the gun. HS damage can stay.

6. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

*slightly pulls down mouse more for long range shots*

Anyways, no the am really does need a nerf. For people like the people that robo listed, it is wayyy to op at close range, and even then, still quite effective at long range. The sps needs to be lowered on this gun, and recoil higher by 1 or two.

Not because of damage, because it is a very easy gun to learn how to use, and Very hard to counter. Especially on vanilla. Tactic as inno with ak: Stay with large crowds so if you do get targeted and killed,the traitor gets caught and killed. If you get sniped while in that group chances are another inno will pickup said ak.

The trick with the ak47 is to go and use it in hallways so you can spray to the sides of a person too. The sps is then actually used to kill the 2nd and 3rd player right there besides the first victim, mowing the three down with 1 clip, still wasting loads of bullets, but getting the job done more time effectively.

Basically I get to use a gun that, thanks to a high sps and dps, can mow a group down in less than 2 seconds

• Agree Agree x 1