Moderator functions that may be useful.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by LavenDown, Aug 2, 2014.

1. LavenDown

LavenDown Can't touch my magiks VIP

I was thinking of a couple things that may help avoid some problems during gameplay. One is that any moderator (or above) could select an option to have their slay be shown publicly only in death chat or at the end of the round; this is so that people can't use "see, he's getting slain" as an excuse, and avoid meta gaming. Second, and this is fairly specific and unlikely, but give a command to strip a player of their magneto stick. This is mostly used for people who are trolling with props or attempting to prop kill, but haven't yet done damage. (obviously this would only be usable after the moderator was dead, since they'd have to know the person was a T or not. Using this command would not create a popup for anyone but the person who got stripped, since that would lead to metagaming). Finally, though this isn't specifically for moderator (and likely already suggested), make it so that there's a popup (for both alive and dead) that comes up automatically when overtime passes. This would serve so that spectators would know, since they can't see normally; you could also have the popup state the overtime rules, so that people who don't frequent the server would receive clarification on suspicion kills and afk rules.
    Thanks for listening,
    -Blood

• Like Like x 1
  2. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

I'm meh on the first one, mods only slay either after getting damagelogs and the response of the guy reported or witnessing the event itself. Either way, most likely the guy to be slain would be dead already. For the second one, I think there's a stripweapons command in ulx already (used it as admin in my last server), although afaik, it strips all weapons. Could probably be coded though, +1 for that since there are a lot of douchebags that proppush and propkill etc. +1 on the last one

3. LavenDown

LavenDown Can't touch my magiks VIP

I think you may be missing the first one. Say inno A kills inno B, and C kills A. If A gets slain, C could use it as proof that he's innocent (it doesn't actually work that way, but that's what people do). That's why you have the slay show up after the round for those not involved.

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I think it'd be easy to script it so that slays are more of a PM kind of thing to the player that's getting slain; "Sinz will slay You next round" could be the only message sent instead of a global one. Players shouldn't be doing it, but sometimes it does stop RDM chains from happening, which is one of the main reasons for it. It shouldn't be fair for some player to be killed because another person decided to RDM.

I do like the idea of the magneto stick, but then again, throwing props towards someone at high speeds is traitorous, so a player doesn't even have to do damage with it. They can also use the magneto stick to their advantage when they're a traitor, by blocking players or doing things that would be trollish if they were innocent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

Is the first function possible, if it's possible, it would be a great thing to implement, normally when I'm still alive, and i see a person get gag/mute for no reason, and I hear nothing from them, I can assume they are dead and I will just mark them as missing.

Anyway I agree with your first idea, moderator should have a function to deal with people more privately.

For your magneto stick removal, I disagree with your idea, If they want to troll, propkill, they will be slain, now the only problem is Proppushing and using another prop to kill without getting your name registered.