Answered Micspam?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Python~, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I'm just curious as to why making your voice* deeper/higher is considered spam. I realize doing this isn't necessary, but is it really considered "micspam" when you're not spamming the mic whatsoever?

I have been gagged for this (almost entirely on DR) when nobody was talking and nobody seemed to have a problem with it. It was just for giggles. Not that I do it anymore since this started occurring

As well, I understand that micspam is up to discretion from the mod or admin online, however, when all you're doing is changing the pitch of your voice, and nobody on the server is complaining is, is it really necessary at all to be punished?

*Assuming that the voice being used isn't annoying to the entire server or used to mock someone

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

It's honestly up to the moderator/admin on the server at the time what truly constitutes as mic spam. While I can't give you an accurate reason as to why this could be considered mic spam, i'm just going to say that it really depends on how you do it, how long you do it and what moderator is on the server.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fox

Fox Banned VIP

I was told that micspam is classified as a noise that differs from a players regular tone, and/or anything that bothers someone.

Of course, this is always up to the staff on the server at the time.